Author Topic: Concept Camaros Does anyone have any info on........  (Read 42112 times)

Mr12771

• View Profile
Re: Does anyone have any info on........
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2007, 06:26:37 PM »
 I have a lot of pictures of the Cherokee along with most of it's history from the 1967 Can Am race at Road America to today. We know all the owners and have talked to all of them. The guy that owns the car now is a good friend of mine. I've asked around on this site before (last year) but there was never much response about it. Thats the strange thing not many people want to talk about it or maybe they just don't know much about it. Where did you find that Can AM flier? If you own it are you willing to sell it? I see you must have been at the SCR-10. I was there with my wife and the owner of the Cherokee.

Mike

This is how the car was found about two years ago.

67ModTop

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2007, 11:46:22 PM »
Holy Cow!!!

That's great to hear!

I've collected 1967 Camaro memorabilia for a number of years. Since I'm into the 1967 Camaro Pace Cars, it was natural for me to try to find out anything and everything about the cars that were used as Pace Cars, as well as the 1967 Pace Car Program.
This car has always intrigued me because of it's uniqueness as to it's history. This car, as far as I know, was a ONE OFF, one of a kind SHOW CAR.
 Then, only to add to it's mystique, it was selected as the CanAm Pace Car!

I have interviewed somewhere close to 20 different Chevrolet employees over a three and a half year run to uncover everything thing I can on the 1967 Pace Cars.
 The search has been the best blast ever!!! Fascinating, unreported facts and stories have helped to piece together what I feel is pretty much an untold story of the 1967 Camaro Pace Cars.

I was hoping that someone would step up to this post, if I'm right, I believe I know what some of it's original history may be.
 This interests me because of what should of happened to this car and what obviously didn't!!!!! Plus!!... The fact that after tracking down some PROVING GROUND personnel, maybe there is hope for some of these other cars that shouldn't be still alive!

I believe I might have another CanAm flyer but if I don't I should be able to get one for you.

Do you or does your friend have any vintage Photos or 8mm???

Have you seen the Cherokee in her Bright Yellow Coat???

I didn't make it to the Super Car Show, however, if I knew that THE CHEROKEE  was going to go, I may have tried to make the time.

Chris_Pisane

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2007, 01:40:51 AM »
Good News, Big Block Pace!

The Cherokee can be bought.
 Bad news, lots and lots of MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I talked to the owner at the SCR10, hes a very nice guy.I have his business card. I thought about telling him about this post, but now that Mike saw it I know he will find out.

I met Mike at SCR10 also.Nice guy also.

Hurry up and buy the Cherokee so the owner can buy my car ;D

Chris Pisane....Fathom green 69 z/28 ,Lemans blue 69 JL8 Z/28 http://cpisane.photosite.com/

67ModTop

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2007, 02:31:06 AM »
Believe me!

If I had all the money in the world, this rig would be near the top of of my list!

I'm not really interested in buying it but if it's for sale, I believe I know someone that will make the deal.

My next car is still yet another 67 Festival car.

Mr12771

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2007, 01:34:50 PM »
Good News, Big Block Pace!

The Cherokee can be bought.
 Bad news, lots and lots of MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurry up and buy the Cherokee so the owner can buy my car ;D

Hi Chris
 I'm not to sure if he would sell it just yet. We have been telling him to hold on to it for a little longer. I think the more the car gets out the better the offers to buy will be. I knew they(Chris and Terry) were going to ask you to buy your car. You should have seen them all weekend, like two little boys looking for that girl. They just wanted to see your car after I told them you were going to be there. They love them Zs

Mike

Mr12771

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2007, 01:39:06 PM »
Here is a picture of the 1967 cam am race at Road America. I'm sure you already have this one.

67ModTop

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2007, 04:00:54 PM »
Yes!

I've seen that photo!

This is when I realized that the car had survived! :)

67ModTop

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2007, 04:02:36 PM »
Wait a minute! ???

Are you saying that this is a vintage picture??

Mr12771

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2007, 07:22:07 PM »
Yes that is a 1967 picture of the car when it paced the race. Look at the stylish shirts the guys have on. Oh wait that look is back in.

Mike
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 07:24:36 PM by Mr12771 »

67ModTop

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2007, 08:29:09 PM »
Mike can you email me that picturre in a larger format?

Thanks!

67ModTop

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2007, 03:37:10 AM »
Mike!

Where did go?? :-X

duntov3030

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2007, 04:53:23 PM »
I'm not a huge fan of modified/special Camaros, but the Cherokee looks pretty nice.  Nice color, wheels, etc.  You suppose they had to use hood hinge springs for that honkin rear spoiler though?  ;D  That Hawaiian Camaro, man I don't know about that.  Cool in the day maybe, and unique yes, but that dude just doesn't work for me.  Check out the wood grain moldings, visible screws holding them on!  I hope the girl in the grass skirt doesn't get it hung on one of those screws!  And, what's up with that gold/yellow door jamb area?  Not slamming on the car, it's cool, just crazy.
Butch

'67 Z/28 RS Tuxedo Black

67ModTop

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2007, 04:20:08 AM »
  That Hawaiian Camaro, man I don't know about that.  Cool in the day maybe, and unique yes, but that dude just doesn't work for me.  Check out the wood grain moldings, visible screws holding them on!  I hope the girl in the grass skirt doesn't get it hung on one of those screws!  And, what's up with that gold/yellow door jamb area?  Not slamming on the car, it's cool, just crazy.

Classic!!!

These cars were also considered Proposal Cars... needless to say..all the points you have pointed out must not have excited too many people back then too! The fact that someone considered pitching this version of a Camaro Convertible really brings home the fact that it was the 1960's!!!
 Too me, one is enough!!!

Mr12771

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2007, 04:21:40 AM »
Sorry I've just been so busy at work. 12-14 hour days are not fun. I know I said I would email you some more stuff. If you can just hang on a little I'll get it to you.

Mike

duntov3030

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2007, 11:57:27 AM »
I'm a little surprised that no one has any interest in these historical Camaros ???

BBP ... I'm thinking your post title might be restraining input.  When browsing the forum, all one sees is "Does anyone have any info on......."  Might want to consider new post including something about "Concept Camaros" in title?
Butch

'67 Z/28 RS Tuxedo Black

anything