Author Topic: Concept Camaros Does anyone have any info on........  (Read 42125 times)

67ModTop

• View Profile
Concept Camaros Does anyone have any info on........
« on: August 07, 2007, 04:09:22 PM »
I was wondering if there is any info on any possible surviving 1967 Concept cars. These one off cars are a piece of History, it would be quite interesting if anyone could post any pictures of the cars today.
 I would like to confirm that there was two different Cut Away Cars, one 6 pop the othe an SS 350.
 There are plenty of pictures of the SS 350 car but none of the 6 pop.

The Cam Am Pace Car is still alive, but is the Waikiki Concept?

Did the Caribe survive?

Is the Fisher Wagon still around?

Does anyone know if any Camaros still exist that wore parts from the AMT Catalog?

Any true "Mod" cars left?

« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 02:43:09 PM by Bigblockpace »

67ModTop

• View Profile
Re: Does anyone have any info on........
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 11:53:20 AM »
I'm a little surprised that no one has any interest in these historical Camaros ???

Either way, Here is a then and now on the only 67 Concept that I am aware is truly alive!

This car made Chevrolet's Show Circuit back in 1967, at one point, it was dispaplyed with a wild 67 RS fitted C10 OR C20 Truck. Towards the end of 1967, it was tabbed for the CanAm Pace Car duties.
 It will pop up in photos every once in the while, however, the trim tag has never been shared as far as I'm aware.

Then.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 11:57:42 AM by Bigblockpace »

67ModTop

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 11:55:16 AM »
Now!

67ModTop

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 11:59:13 AM »
Then

67ModTop

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 12:03:02 PM »
Now!

ironman24

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 07:15:52 PM »
Thats a cool looking hood!  8)

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 03:51:35 AM »
Cool photos!  The back end of the "Cherokee" in your first photo looks like the '68 Corvette with it's "built-in" spoiler and split rear bumper.  Thanks for sharing BBP!

Paul 

JoeC

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 01:39:01 PM »
What is the story on the Cam Camaro. I see it's been brought out to shows over the last year but have not seen a write up on the cars history such as where has it been all these years, and what condition was it found in?

there were prototype Camaros that made it in some 67 magazines that had non production features, such as custom vinyl tops, that 1st Z with prototype rear spoiler that is different then the later production spoiler and others

here is a picture of the hawaiian Camaro

« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 01:44:32 PM by JoeC »

67ModTop

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 03:15:18 PM »
Cool photos!  The back end of the "Cherokee" in your first photo looks like the '68 Corvette with it's "built-in" spoiler and split rear bumper.  Thanks for sharing BBP!

Paul 

Paul,  Here is the only shot that I could find of the spoiler, nothing on the rear bumper,however.

67ModTop

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 03:19:49 PM »
What is the story on the Cam Camaro. I see it's been brought out to shows over the last year but have not seen a write up on the cars history such as where has it been all these years, and what condition was it found in?

Great question!!!  I'm seeking the same answers, yet no one is interested in sharing the info.

67ModTop

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 03:35:15 PM »

there were prototype Camaros that made it in some 67 magazines that had non production features, such as custom vinyl tops, that 1st Z with prototype rear spoiler that is different then the later production spoiler and others

here is a picture of the hawaiian Camaro

Here is the only known shot of the interior of the Waikiki Camaro.  This Proposal option, although not popular at the time, would be a hit in a Camaro Museum!!!

Check out the two tone Shag!!

It looks like this car may have started off life as a Butter Yellow, Yellow Deluxe RS/SS!

tar6569

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 10:31:24 PM »
There was a "hand made" 67 camaro on ebay several years ago.  I think i saved pictures of the vin and trim tags and some of the areas where hand made was written is something like that.  I will look for them tomorrow.  I believe the car was assembled 1st week of august or july of 66.
Warren

1964-1970 fullsize Chevrolet research

67ModTop

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 03:25:00 AM »
There was a "hand made" 67 camaro on ebay several years ago.  I think i saved pictures of the vin and trim tags and some of the areas where hand made was written is something like that.  I will look for them tomorrow.  I believe the car was assembled 1st week of august or july of 66.

Man!!!!!

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT TAG!!!

Claus

• View Profile
    • Yutivo
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 04:46:11 AM »

Paul 

Another shot of the rear of the "Cherokee":

Cool looking carb setup:

The car was at the Supercar Reunion show this year, more pictures on the yenko.net website:

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/281148/page/0/fpart/4/vc/1
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 04:50:30 AM by Claus »

67ModTop

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 05:13:57 AM »
Does anyone have a shot of the cowl tag?

anything