CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2014, 08:30:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
97550 Posts in 11720 Topics by 4581 Members
Latest Member: Cooper48
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  '67 metal seat backs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: '67 metal seat backs  (Read 2032 times)
Flowjoe

View Profile Email
« on: May 21, 2007, 04:45:20 PM »

Posted this int he restoration section but it's not getting very much traffic...thought I'd try it out here.

I am redoing the interior on my '67 convertible.  It has metal seat backs (not the plastic ones)...what level of gloss should those be?  Should i match the top door sills and dash face? or should it be closer to the look of plastic seat backs?  If not the same as the dash, any recommendations on paint to achieve the look?  SEM Landau Black perhaps?
Thanks
Jerry@CHP
CRG Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 10:07:17 PM »

If they're black, Krylon 1613 works great for them and looks just like originals that I have.

JM
Flowjoe

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 12:41:57 AM »

If they're black, Krylon 1613 works great for them and looks just like originals that I have.

JM
Thanks Jerry.
They are indeed black but so sun faded (it is a convertible after all  Wink ) and nicked that it is hard to tell the original level of gloss. 

I've used the Krylon 1613 for other projects so I may have some laying around...now that I know the correct "color" (thanks again Jerry) I can get the seat backs ready to go  Smiley.
Mr12771

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 09:18:40 PM »

I hate to butt in on your post but any suggestions on a close match for red interior on a 67?

Thanks Mike 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: