Author Topic: 2009 Camaro Convetible Concept Car  (Read 7035 times)

rich69rs

• LF7/M35/Z22/Z87
    • View Profile
2009 Camaro Convetible Concept Car
« on: May 31, 2007, 04:33:38 AM »
...Interesting - it is getting closer.

http://chevrolet-news.newslib.com/story/2781-3201981/

Check out the additional pictures in the "Car Galleries" section in the left margin.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 04:42:41 AM by rich69rs »
Richard Thomas
1969 RS

camaromikey

• View Profile
Re: 2009 Camaro Convetible Concept Car
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 07:07:51 AM »
What i don't understand is why they are waiting so long to release it to the public. This would be the prefect time. I know how the manufacturing pocess works and that it takes time to get all the bugs out. not to mention safety testing. Between the new mustang GT500, the new dodge challenager in the works and rising gas prices, they have a big hurtle to face especially since they're getting in so late in the game. After the failed GTO and SSR, im alittle scared at how bad they are going to run the Camaro name into the ground. Im not bashing it. I really do like the styling, but have they released any ideas on what the price range is going to be? sorry just my thoughts

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 07:09:27 AM »
Rich -

I took my kids to see the movie "Shrek the Third" over the weekend.  At the movies they showed us the trailer for the new movie "Transformers" coming out on 7-4-07.  This movie looks too cool.  One of the "good" transformers is a second generation Camaro named "Bumblebee" (yellow with black Z/28 stripes).  They also showed scenes from the movie with the 2009 Camaro concept car (also yellow with black Z/28 stripes).  Go to the link below and click on "Exclusive Trailer" to see both of these cars in action!  Don't forget to turn on the sound...  

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/transformers.html

Millions of Americans will get to see the "new" Camaro for the first time on Independence Day!  Talk about marketing.   :)

Anyway, I can't wait.   :D

Paul

camaromikey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 07:20:20 AM »
thats is going be an awesome movie. they even have the sound fx from the cartoon. the sound they made when they transformed and the camaro is the hero. I heard a mustang is one evil ones too

WMCC AL

• WMCC Membership Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 12:11:09 PM »
The Red Concept Conv. will be at our show in a few weeks, Camaro Superfest, in Ypsilanti, MI June 29th, 30th, and July 1st.
WMCC - Membership Coordinator

dab67

• 67 SS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 01:07:59 PM »
WM:

Where can I get info on you show. We live in Wisconsin and the "UP" would be a great road trip!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 02:06:27 PM »
What i don't understand is why they are waiting so long to release it to the public. This would be the prefect time. I know how the manufacturing pocess works and that it takes time to get all the bugs out. not to mention safety testing. Between the new mustang GT500, the new dodge challenager in the works and rising gas prices, they have a big hurtle to face especially since they're getting in so late in the game. After the failed GTO and SSR, im alittle scared at how bad they are going to run the Camaro name into the ground. Im not bashing it. I really do like the styling, but have they released any ideas on what the price range is going to be? sorry just my thoughts

I agree competely!  I'd buy one today (yellow and black to match my 68).  But if they wait much longer they had better offer a hybrid...  It's 1964 all over again!  ::)
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 02:16:37 PM »
WM:

Where can I get info on you show. We live in Wisconsin and the "UP" would be a great road trip!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

www.camarosuperfest.com
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG