Author Topic: ZL-1 Block...ME stamp??  (Read 6251 times)

Iluv69s

• View Profile
ZL-1 Block...ME stamp??
« on: May 08, 2007, 12:14:38 AM »
I was reading a post on the yenko site that listed the Assembly codes for the Zl-1 camaro and vette blocks...I always assumed I had a block with a vette assembly stamp, but upon closer inspection, the block is clearly stamped ME... am I confused?? Im fairly certain this is an original stamp as owner has had this block for many years...

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: ZL-1 Block...ME stamp??
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 12:29:21 AM »
Of all the factory built ZL-1 engines ME [Corvette 4-speed] is the most common.

http://www.camaros.org/copo.shtml
Learning more and more about less and less...

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 02:23:10 PM »
And only one of those went into a Corvette - the other one (only two were built) was an automatic ("MG").
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

Iluv69s

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 08:32:37 PM »
does this stamp look original???

Iluv69s

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 09:26:33 PM »

anyone??  does this look like an original stamping??   the T looks a bit funky to me???? although I dont see any reason to re-stamp a non-original block...does anyone have a pic of other original ZL-1 assembly stampings ???  I guess it really doesn't matter...it is definitely a ZL-1 block..no question about that!!  just curios..

.also, whats the deal with the stamped # on the back of the ZL-1 blocks and the main caps...I've recorded a number of blocks' data with this number and date codes and all...kind of a registry...Does anyone know the significance?? They dont seem to run in order with the block cast #...maybe thats a question for a new thread...  thanks

anything