Author Topic: Vintage Certification @ Camaro Nationals 2024  (Read 781 times)

Steve Shauger

• View Profile
    • Vintage Certification
Vintage Certification @ Camaro Nationals 2024
« on: December 01, 2023, 09:23:11 PM »
Vintage Certification™ is again proud and excited to be a part of the Camaro Nationals 2024. 2024 marks our 25th year certifying cars which began at the Camaro Nationals in 1999. By now everyone should know this is a must attend event if you own or are looking for anything Camaro. Come Join Us and have your car Vintage Certified at Camaro National 2024 July 19,&120 in Morgantown, PA.

Vintage Certification™ is a judging program whose sole purpose is to recognize, provide status, provenance, and promote un-restored (survivor) vehicles. We believe it is the only program that focuses on documenting and benchmarking these cars. Our Camaro Certification team consists of Brett Merryman,  Lloyd Costley, John Pollock, Bob Harris & Steve Shauger. Each  team member possesses over 30 years' experience as restorers, collectors, historians and judges in the hobby. Typically, we spend 3-4hrs examining in detail every segment of your car including the underbody on a lift. To learn more about Vintage Certification visit our website at www.vintagecertification.com. This is the perfect venue to have your vehicle certified. You will be among and exclusive group of enthusiasts who participate in this exciting event.

We understand not every original car is 100% untouched, and we offer five levels of certification, based on the originality of the Vehicle.
Vintage Certifications™ five divisions:

Vintage Time Capsule - Vehicles that are 95+% unrestored in all reference areas
Vintage Legend - Vehicles that are 85+% unrestored in all reference areas.
Vintage Heritage - Vehicles that are 85+% unrestored in five reference areas.
Vintage Legacy - Vehicles that are 85+% unrestored in four reference areas
Vintage Reference - Vehicles that are 85+% unrestored in three reference area.

Reference Areas: Certification consists of two areas of consideration, Originality and Preservation. Reference areas are as follows:

• Engine Compartment Area
• Exterior Body
• Interior Body
• Underbody
• Trunk (except Corvette)

We only accept 4 entries for this event, and last year Vintage Certification was filled by March. We are now accepting applications for Camaro Nationals 2024. We have limited certification slots available and suggest you apply early before they are filled. If you are interested or have questions call or visit our website at: www.vintagecertification.com for more info such as, rules and guidelines and downloadable application. I can be reached directly via email: vintagecert@optionline.net or cell:  (6 three 1) 514-9765

This show is shaping up to be absolutely fantastic!
Steve Shauger
Vintage Certification™ Program, Providing Recognition And Status To Unrestored Vehicles.  The Supercar Registry-www.yenko.net-

68camaroz28

• View Profile
Re: Vintage Certification @ Camaro Nationals 2024
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2023, 07:32:50 PM »
Nice to know Vintage Certification is back to Camaro Nationals next year. They did our '69 L78 Nova years ago and know of several  who had their Camaro's completed and it's quite a positive experience. One of only two solid lifter cars classified as "Time Capsule" per Vintage Certification is pictured here on CRG http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=12083.0;all
Chick
68 Z/28 NOR 01B Orig motor/trans/rear
69 Z/28 NOR 07A Orig Block & GM Cross-ram/carbs
69 L34 Rest. Nova Father/Son Car
69 L78 Surv Nova Purch 4/69 31K miles
67 L89 Corv Tribute
68 Corv 427/400 Orig motor
07 Corv Z06
R 68Z build- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584

Dave69x33

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2023, 06:03:20 PM »
Hello Steve,

We met at the Nationals this year (2023) while you, Larry C., Dale M., Jerry M., and the team were evaluating Dr. Slone's 1969 X33 (non-RS) LeMans Blue, blue interior Z28 for Vintage Certification.  We meet briefly again this year at the MCACN show in Chicago while the group were certifying (2) '69 Camaros.  I worked with Bill Nichols and some of this same crew in June at the 2023 Corvette Bloomington Gold Camaro certification program in Bloomington, IL. It was an honor to work with them. I think they invited me because I was the youngest and smallest person in the group designated to crawl under the cars to inspect items...LoL!  They need a 4-post lift!!

I consulted with and helped Dr. Slone get his Z28 ready for the Nationals and it was a fun experience to attend the event!  Only drawback is Morgantown, PA is a long way from Indianapolis, IN!

I would like to get my highly optioned 05A Norwood build '69 RS Z28 certified but unfortunately it does not have its numbers matching VIN engine. My Camaro is a very correct and mostly all original Z28, but I assume the engine was replaced back in 1971 with a donor DZ block dated coded February 1969, and it had a 1971 dated coded distributor and water pump on the engine. During the engine rebuild, I was able to ready enough of the VIN stamped (could not read the entire VIN) in the casting flange above the oil filter to confirm the engine is not the original.  The car only had just over 45K miles on the odometer when I purchased and started the restoration back in November 1995.  My Z28 had a trailer hitch on it at some point as a portion of the hitch was still on the car when I took possession. It has its original date coded 4:10 "BV" rear gear which makes be believe it towed a drag car to the races at some point in it's past and the reason why I don't have the original VIN stamped engine.

If I am not mistaken, does the Bow Tie Class at the Nationals accepts Camaros that do not have their original "numbers matching" engines/transmissions?  The Bloomington Gold cert has a class provision for Camaros like mine. You simply declare this on your entry form the judges skip over this engine block detail but assess everything else on the car.

I thought about having Jerry M. certify my Camaro, but $2,500 is a heavy investment when I already know what Jerry will deduct from my Camaro, and honestly, I can point out the restoration and component issues on my Camaro. I did a 5-year concourse level restoration on my Camaro from 1995 - 2000. I am very honored my Z28 scored 973/1000 Gold Award at the Camaro Nationals held in Columbus, OH back in 2000, when the process was under the direction of the Worldwide Camaro Club.  I have made numerous improvements since 2000, consulted with Larry C, and had Jerry M. restore several components on my car.  Having Jerry certify my car is still an option; however, my goal at this point is to get an updated "official" assessment/certification on the technical correctness and restoration should I decide to sell it in the coming years. 

Do you have a judge contact for the Camaro Nats Bow Tie Class that I can consult with?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Dave 

Pacecar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2023, 06:01:14 PM »
Dr. Sloan's Z28 and the 2 69 Camaros at MCACN were in the Legends judging program. The contact for the 1000 point Bow Tie class at the Nationals would be Karl Scheffy.   email bowtie@camaronationals.org

Dave69x33

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2023, 08:26:33 PM »
Great.  Thanks Pacecar!

David K

• Dr. Longblock
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2024, 05:59:57 PM »
Dave, Morgantown isn’t a long way from Indy. Now if you trailered like Charley did from Phoenix, that’s the long distance award.

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2024, 07:19:44 PM »
So is this different than Jerry, Brad, Larry, or are they also on hand ?
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

anything