Author Topic: 68 Convertible "with metal"  (Read 6660 times)

crossboss

• ^ New engine project
    • View Profile
Re: 68 Convertible "with metal"
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2020, 03:25:51 PM »
I thought this was on the high side of illegal - never seen one quite this blatant.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Chevrolet-Camaro-Convertible-V8-Historical-Paperwork-with-Metal/324251063600?hash=item4b7ede9530:g:4k8AAOSwP8NfDlgi

About to expire - I might have complained if I had seen it earlier. Gross -

Regards

It IS illegal. Titles/VINS not attached to a vehicle, and sold separately is a felony. The Federal statue (I will paraphrase) on this: "Any alteration, removal, selling, and or re-attachment of a VIN is a crime. And is considered a felony"
And (for me) I did not consider Ed's comment offensive.
Just another T/A fanatic. Current lifelong projects:
1968 Olds 442 W-30
1969 Mustang Fastback w a Can-Am 494 (Boss 429)

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2020, 05:06:55 AM »
Kurt, my message was formed after reading several of Ed's post.
I can see where you are coming from, but that's Ed's style of writing.  He wasn't talking down, just gotta read the next part where he explains why.
Kurt S
CRG

ericisback

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2020, 07:29:31 PM »
Wow, the fact that eBay doesn’t do anything about this kind of stuff is scary. It’s a sad world now days.
67 Corvette 427 conv. -  https://bit.ly/2yykRW7
67 GTO 400 conv. - 68 Camaro 396 conv.
69 R-Code Mach 1 - 78 VW Beetle conv.

crossboss

• ^ New engine project
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2020, 08:37:33 PM »
Wow, the fact that eBay doesn’t do anything about this kind of stuff is scary. It’s a sad world now days.

Absolutely correct. Todays current attitude is "Wrong is right".
Just another T/A fanatic. Current lifelong projects:
1968 Olds 442 W-30
1969 Mustang Fastback w a Can-Am 494 (Boss 429)

usa1ti

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2020, 05:07:44 PM »
Well he is at it again. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Chevrolet-Camaro-Convertible-V8-Historical-Paperwork-with-Metal/324352569250?hash=item4b84eb6fa2:g:4k8AAOSwP8NfDlgi

I have included Ebays posted policy below which clearly states its not allowed. I will file a complaint and remind them of their policy...… Any help appreciated.

What is the policy?

The following or similar items are not allowed:
•Government, private transit, or shipping company uniforms and accessories such as hats, pins and scarves  ◦Vintage or collectible uniforms and accessories may be listed if they meet all these requirements:
•The item is 10 years old or older
•It's no longer in use
•It doesn't look like a current uniform or accessory

•Government, transit or shipping company property such as vehicles, license plates, keys for vehicles, mail bags, company decals and transit documents
•Fake documents, government-issued documents or official certificates or diplomas
•Postage meters, voting machines or Library of Congress National Library of Service record players, digital talking book machines or any of their labeled accessories
•Government-issued IDs, passports, birth certificates or license plates ◦Collectible license plates are allowed as long as they are expired and at least 3 years old or as allowed by law

•Government-issued medals and certificates for medals
•Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) plates or rivets

Activity that doesn't follow eBay policy could result in a range of actions including for example: administratively ending or canceling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, and account suspension. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.
Todd, East TN

BillG

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2020, 12:37:37 AM »
There is nothing condescending about anything Ed posts.  He contributes more to this hobby than you understand  with his knowledge.  Grow a thicker skin.
Bill Garrett

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2020, 12:11:27 PM »
Let’s see, founding members that provide volumes of information, thousands of posts, freely, and contribute immensely to the hobby, making statements meant to alarm, take notice and call to action, like a stop sign or yield sign, are condescending and rude? What a thin skinned, 1st class, jack wagon. Pretty much why most of us ‘experts’ don’t chime in anymore. It’s unappreciated and facts are a source of dispute and contention. It’s really sad that after almost 4000 posts, someone sees a call to action from leadership as offensive. I’m offended by this member’s treatment and attack on Ed. You, fella, are the only nerve touched by me, if you are “touching nerves”? Have some dignity and respect and apologize to Ed and this forum’s members.
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

camaronut

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2020, 04:31:50 PM »
I personally don't know Ed, but I've been a member of this site for many years, and I can tell, this guy is straight up.  Lots of knowledge.

No bs......take it or leave it.

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2020, 08:05:27 PM »
I'll be concise - tone it down. No need for drama on this site. :)
Kurt S
CRG

anything