Author Topic: Edmonton Speedway Park: 1969 Camaro RS/SS Conv. Pace Car for Can Am Sept. 1968  (Read 5675 times)

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Interesting that this SS convertible looks to have California tags ?

Definitely CA license plates.  The plate frame looks like it is from Parker-Robb Chevrolet in Walnut Creek which is in the general SF/Bay Area.
Jon Mello
CRG

group/7

• View Profile

SMKZ28

• View Profile
;)

Fantastic color photo of the pace lap!  Thanks for posting it Mike.
Scott
I don't have a 1st Gen but I have 1971 Z28 RS 4-spd, 1997 Z28 Z4C 6-spd, 2000 SS Convertible, 2010 RS 6-spd

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
What am I seeing? Almost looks like they have a sign or the trunklid is held open - that would be a lot of wind resistance!
Kurt S
CRG

MO

• View Profile
Good catch Kurt. Definitely looks like the trunklid is open. I'd bet that was unintentional.

SMKZ28

• View Profile
Interesting, it does look like the trunk lid is open.  You can see the attached spoiler.  Didn’t notice that when Mike first posted the image because I’ve only been able to log on from my phone for the past week or so.  Must have popped open at some point during pace lap because it looks to be closed in a picture of the pace lap in the first post on the first page of this thread.  I wonder if someone in the back seat was able to close it or did they go around the track like that??
Scott
I don't have a 1st Gen but I have 1971 Z28 RS 4-spd, 1997 Z28 Z4C 6-spd, 2000 SS Convertible, 2010 RS 6-spd

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
I would think that the wind would push the decklid closed, not open.....
Kurt S
CRG

anything