Author Topic: Are there any GM employees on this forum?  (Read 8376 times)

Tina C.

• View Profile
Are there any GM employees on this forum?
« on: September 02, 2018, 12:19:42 AM »
I was wondering if there were any GM employees on this forum who might be able to help me with something. My uncle who passed, who some of you know as Budbrewer1, LOVED his 2 67 Z28'S.  I want to have the image of his 67 RS Z28 etched into his bronze headstone but the Monument company is requiring me to get permission from GM first. I emailed the GM Licensing department but have not heard back yet. So figured I would reach out here to see if anyone might be able to help me get my foot in the door with someone at GM to get permission.

Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to give me.

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: Are there any GM employees on this forum?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 01:13:36 AM »
Tina, I don't believe the image of a 1967 Camaro would need to have GM licensing permission. Just look on the internet. There are millions of them and I'm sure none of them are "licensed". However, I think Kurt might know someone in GM legal, so I'll see what he says.

Ed

70L34

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 01:45:20 AM »
I am. Send me a private message.

Tina C.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 07:57:37 PM »
Thank you!! I just sent a PM. The Monument Company told me on the phone today that they sent the picture I want etched to their legal department who decided they need the trademark permission paperwork filled out. If I can't get permission,  they won't etch the car into the bronze plaque.

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 09:30:16 PM »
Tina,

If you take off all references to 'Camaro and GM' from the diagram you provided the monument company, they probably wouldn't even know what car it was...  OR do you actually want them to include the words 'Camaro' or 'Chevrolet' on the monument?   I suspect the WORDS you requested are what is violating the monument company's policy (and perhaps GM?) rather than the picture of the Camaro(s)...

Gary
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

Tina C.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 10:01:28 PM »
I didn't request any words, just the image of the car. And you cant really see the word Camaro on the side. They said due to the stance of the car, they feel they need permission to etch it into the stone. So their legal team is requiring the permission form to be filled out from GM.

Tina C.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 10:33:55 PM »
This is the photo of my Uncle's car that we sent them and the layout we sent for his headstone. I didn't put the word Camaro or Chevrolet on the stone.

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2018, 03:24:14 AM »
I don't get that...  all that they can 'etch' in stone would be an outline drawing; have you thought of having someone make a line art drawing from your photos and send the monument company just the line drawing?

Tina C.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2018, 11:32:28 AM »
I am open to anything at this point, but trying to get the permission first, if possible. Just very disappointed because I was hoping to have the headstone on his grave before the end of the year. Doesn't look like that will happen now due to this setback.

Charley

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2018, 11:51:55 AM »
Look for a different monument company.

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2018, 12:14:01 PM »
I had a company put my father's L78 Camaro on a porcelain plate for my parents head stone.  No issues.  It'll be 12 years in Oct and unfortunately I can not remember the company the monument company used.  I do remember it taking about a month as it was done overseas.  I agree with Charley find another company.

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2018, 12:31:23 PM »
Many (most?) cemeteries are so tied into the whole funeral/burial thing, that they may have a monopoly on all the parts...  hopefully Tina has a choice, OR maybe just her mention of looking for a different monument company will cause the first company to reconsider... :)

jdv69z

• 69 RS Z/28 52E
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2018, 01:04:12 PM »
Just visited Rock of Ages company in Vermont in July. This is their business. Don't know who she is dealing with, but maybe another idea.
Jimmy V.

Tina C.

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2018, 10:02:52 PM »
Trust me, I will be looking at all options because these cars meant the world to my Uncle. There is no way his stone won't have a 67 Camaro on it if I can help it!!! Just trying to get permission first since the company already cashed the deposit,  but if I can't get it I will be asking for it back to figure something else out.

adjudimo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2018, 01:08:40 AM »
I have known of and seen headstones that were etched by talented people who do this for a living and on the side. They own their own tools/equipment to do the work. Sort of like a person who does great body work and paint for a company. They sometimes set up a garage to do a side job from time to time. Lots of freelancers in several fields available if you search. Not trying to take away from legit companies that do this type of work, but everything comes in generic form this day and time. And to be honest, if you allow them the necessary time to do the work; it seems as though the work comes out better as well. I agree, shop around for other company/person.