Author Topic: 1969 rear antenna and spoiler - here's the rub...  (Read 12160 times)

dale_z28

• View Profile
Re: 1969 rear antenna and spoiler - here's the rub...
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2016, 10:39:17 PM »
I know of a couple of 02D COPO's with narrow spoilers from the factory, I also know of a bunch of Yenko's built in 01B January with Wide Spoilers...
The wide one will not be questioned, the narrow you may have some tell you it is wrong.
That has been my experience so far. The narrower spoiler "wasn't right" according to a couple people (one of which was a chop-shop that put Z28 emblems on every Camaro he touched... even 6-cylinders!), but then again, my flat hood and NO rear spoiler got called out even more as "not being a real Z"
'69 X33 02D   Since 11-29-'77

Details are trifles, but trifles make perfection. And perfection is no trifle.
~Ben Franklin

HOT3O2

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2016, 12:01:21 AM »

That has been my experience so far. The narrower spoiler "wasn't right" according to a couple people (one of which was a chop-shop that put Z28 emblems on every Camaro he touched... even 6-cylinders!), but then again, my flat hood and NO rear spoiler got called out even more as "not being a real Z"
[/quote]

I love it when people call me out for my car not being a real Z just because of the flat hood, no spoiler and no stripes. It shows there ignorance.
Rick
69 RS/Z28

dale_z28

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2016, 12:17:30 AM »
[quote author=Hot302 link=topic=13859.msg124645#msg124645 date=1454371281

I love it when people call me out for my car not being a real Z just because of the flat hood, no spoiler and no stripes. It shows there ignorance.
[/quote]
I admit I thought the same things at first, but I've learned a lot in 30+ years of ownership, and still learning

~Ben Franklin

Steve Shauger

• View Profile
    • Vintage Certification
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2016, 01:35:56 PM »
Let me revive this thread since at least 2 of you are sporting short spoilers. My car is (also) an 02D, non-D80. But I like the cowl-hood / spoiler look, so I'm setting my car up that way. In imitation of the dealer-installed spoiler, I've painted the rear edge of the decklid. Question: I've got both types (length) of spoiler, so which was most-likely to have been installed?  What are your thoughts or opinions? Anybody?

I have seen the short spoiler on a couple cars as late as 3B, but the majority are long spoiler. My recommendation would be go with the long spoiler.
Steve Shauger
Vintage Certification™ Program, Providing Recognition And Status To Unrestored Vehicles.  The Supercar Registry-www.yenko.net-

dale_z28

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2016, 04:05:10 PM »
Thanks for the input, guys, and sorry if I steered this thread away from it's original purpose. I'll line the walls of my "man closet" with my spare parts

~Ben Franklin

cruizin69

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2016, 09:08:59 PM »
My 02A car did not come with a spoiler but has one on it now and I put a power antenna on .
I lower the antenna when I get out of the car in case I need to open the trunk.
The power antenna also works great when I put the car cover on ,no need for a hole in the cover.