Author Topic: EXTREMELY nice, heavily documented 1969 rally green Z on ebay  (Read 22938 times)

X33RS

• View Profile
Re: EXTREMELY nice, heavily documented 1969 rally green Z on ebay
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2015, 03:07:28 PM »
Understood Austin.  I'm as curious as the next guy and try to pay attention.  I thought it was nice of Danzo to explain things about the car after seeing it in person since we can only tell so much from pics.   Seems they all take the liberties of adding cowl hoods, exterior trim, spoilers, and console/gauges to these cars.  Unfortunately some of those things are pretty expensive to reverse.  The good news is that adding these things doesn't seem to adversely affect the prices of these cars.  For those reasons only is why I suggested leaving it alone.  I don't mean to come across as one sided.  I like them either way.  When I'm dealing with restorations, I just try not to spend customers money unnecessarily if it's not needed.  However I'm not here to stop them from blowing money if they really want to  ;D

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2015, 03:25:00 PM »
Well at least with this one, you can tell how it came by the window sticker. I agree I would like to see the cars as they came with out all the add ons, but that may be easy for me to say because i have the ZL-2 hood from the factory... ;)

I did look at a very original red Z prior to mine that was a flat hood car, I may have wanted to put the ZL-2 on that car if I had bought it. it was very clean with black deluxe interior. The paint had a bit of checking and build up. I wonder what happened to that car, and if it is still running that flat hood. Good looking car, just like this one. I feel the hood doesn't make this car, that "look at me" green paint sure does though.

Dave (another CRG-er) has a great looking Rally Green car.
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

69 Zee

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2015, 10:14:59 PM »
Makes me wonder why someone would pay $35K for a basket case that needs at least that much for restoration when you can have this for less.
I found this Z interesting also since it had so many doc's.  I thought the $60K seemed fair for what it had and needed.  But of course seeing in person as Danzo had may make one think different.

As far as why one would pay $35K for a basket case.  I think there's several ways to look at it as I'm one of those who dropped $30K on a basket case.

Yeah spend $60K, drive the heck out of it and enjoy it for what it is.  Knowing that it's not "ALL ORIGINAL" parts (but a very nice driver) and still one day may warrant an addition $15-$20K in resto in reproduction parts.   And then there's my thoughts.  One..I don't have $70-$100K burning a hole in my pocket..lol   Two.. I'm so dang anal that I'd rather spend $30-35K on a project and dump another $30K over a few years.  At least I'll know that it was done correctly and not just shoved out the door for a fast buck.  And last... I have the ability to complete a resto myself except for the final paint (only cause I don't have a booth), so a $30K drop was much easier.  If I drop only another $30K,  I'll have a True Z with all born with parts and drive-line at less than $70K... To me, hard to find !

I searched high and low and found a Z with every factory line part (except the battery), right down to the wing nut that holds the spare.  Hard to find with so many of the orig's parts IMO.  Everything is pretty much salvageable and rebuildable except a few obvious things such as carpet, wiring harnesses and headliner.  I'm still waiting to see or hear of another Dusk Blue with a white top, flat hood and no rear spoiler !  :)

Again....JMO
Darrell
'69 Camaro Z/28: 03B NOR X77 Dusk Blue, white top, all orig, Under construction
'69 Firebird all original 350 all power w/ac
'70 Plymouth Superbird: One owner, Limelight green, 45K miles, all original U code

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2015, 11:07:17 PM »
You guys with your white vinyl tops..... I think you and Jimmy V. May have to start your own club... ;D

Kinda like the HO guys

J/k with you, your right white vinyl is rarely seen today. I think the yellow white stripe car a saw a few months back with the white vinyl was also a low production color choice.

I see where you are coming from. Your lucky to have such a complete car, even if you got all the parts loose. Shoot the whole car may be worth more in loose parts if you priced them all out.....haha

jdv69z

• 69 RS Z/28 52E
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2015, 02:43:38 PM »
You guys with your white vinyl tops..... I think you and Jimmy V. May have to start your own club... ;D

Kinda like the HO guys

J/k with you, your right white vinyl is rarely seen today. I think the yellow white stripe car a saw a few months back with the white vinyl was also a low production color choice.

I see where you are coming from. Your lucky to have such a complete car, even if you got all the parts loose. Shoot the whole car may be worth more in loose parts if you priced them all out.....haha

When I was first looking for a Z, I would have preferred the red/black combo. Just turned out I found this one. Had no idea it would be as unusual as it is. My top is original, and while it's not bad, it has plenty of flaws. And white doesn't hide it's flaws very well.

I too wonder which is worth more, the car as it is, or the parts sold individually?
Jimmy V.

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2015, 09:53:15 PM »
I can't argue with the 'worth' statement (parts vs whole car), a car in parts is worth probably half of what it would be if totally assembled~ ..  BUT..  I would add that there's a huge difference in the effort to sell 'parts' vs selling an entire automobile.. not to mention the idea of 'preserving' an automobile, vs making one disappear into thousands of parts...

PS.  I have too many cars, especially for one of my age (67), and I chose to sell one of my complete cars (rather than one needing restoration) even though I sometimes question my energy level to do the restorations required.  If anyone might be interested in a very nice 1990 ZR-1 with only 27K miles...  check out Craig's list for Huntsville AL.. :)
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

ZLP955

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2015, 12:04:30 AM »
Relisted, apparently due to non-payment by highest bidder.
Starting bid $60,000 with Buy It Now of $67,500
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231670191136
Tim in Australia.
1969 04A Van Nuys Z/28. Cortez Silver, Dark Blue interior, VE3, Z21, Z23, D55/U17, D80, flat hood.
Sold at Clippinger Chevrolet in Covina, CA.
AHRA Formula Stock at Lions Dragstrip, NHRA E/MP at Pomona Raceway

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2015, 12:34:29 AM »
Interesting that it was re-listed. I wonder if all the bidding was real...

BSMIT59

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2015, 01:03:22 AM »
One time only listing......then going into my collection?
Barry     Old guy but still learning.....
Unrestored 67 barn find
67 SS 350 in process  ( in paint booth now)
Looking for 7N243673 to reunite V0320MO block and crank

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2015, 01:29:02 AM »
Interesting that it was re-listed. I wonder if all the bidding was real...

Austin, don't you recognize the non-paying high bidder?  It's "thegmparts" again!  Super scammer!

Paul

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2015, 06:31:16 AM »
Is that the guy out of Angola Indiana? I almost got scammed by him. I think I am one of the few that guy a full refund, but then again I was just out side his shop stalking him, when I lived in Indiana...

I think Ebay give you the opportunity to sell it to the 2nd highest bidder if the high bidder drops out, I am guessing that didn't work either.

BillOhio

• View Profile
    • photobucket
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2015, 11:57:41 AM »
Gary, let me know when that orange  car with the funny head lights is on Craigslist!
1969 Z28, Burgandy, numbers matching, 12,900 miles
1968 RS 327 4 speed
1970 Z28 M22 4:10 bought from original owner
1961 Chrysler 300G convertible

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2015, 02:27:24 PM »
Is that the guy out of Angola Indiana? I almost got scammed by him. I think I am one of the few that guy a full refund, but then again I was just out side his shop stalking him, when I lived in Indiana...

Yup, that's him.

Paul

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2015, 03:13:57 PM »
Gary, let me know when that orange  car with the funny head lights is on Craigslist!

:)  I don't think that will be happening, but your post does deserve a 'reward'...  :)     so here's a Sunday Funny for ya! :)
-------------------------------------------------------------
A young blonde girl in her late teens, wanting to earn some extra money for the summer, decided to hire herself out as a "handy woman"  and started canvassing a nearby well-to-do neighborhood.  She went to the front door of the first house and asked the owner if he had any odd jobs for her to do.
"Well, I guess I could use somebody to paint the porch" Bill said.

"How much will you charge me?"  Delighted, the girl  quickly responded, "How about $50 ?"  Bill agreed and told her that the paint and brushes and everything she would need were in the garage.

Bill's wife, hearing the conversation, said to her husband, "Does she realize that our porch goes ALL the way around the house?" "That's a bit cynical, isn't it?"  he responded.  The wife replied,

"You're right. I guess I'm starting to believe all those dumb blonde jokes."

A few hours later the blonde came to the door to collect her money. 
You're finished already??" the startled Bill asked.  Yes," the blonde replied, "and I even had paint left over so I gave it two coats."

Impressed, Bill reached into his pocket for the $50 and handed it to her along with a $10 tip.

Thank you," the blonde said, "And, by the way, it's not a Porch, it's a '69 Camaro Z28, but I liked it better burgundy than white!"
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

69 Zee

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2015, 04:11:20 PM »
Gary !!... LMAO ;D
Darrell
'69 Camaro Z/28: 03B NOR X77 Dusk Blue, white top, all orig, Under construction
'69 Firebird all original 350 all power w/ac
'70 Plymouth Superbird: One owner, Limelight green, 45K miles, all original U code

anything