Author Topic: Saginaw speedo gear  (Read 2425 times)

jimbo67rag

• View Profile
Saginaw speedo gear
« on: June 30, 2015, 02:38:46 AM »
My 67 ragtop was originally a 327 3 speed Standard but the previous owner installed a 1973 to. 1975 Saginaw 4 speed. However the speedometer does not work on the car. I removed the speedo cable from the tranny and the little plastic gear is missing from the end of the speedometer cable. Does any one by chance have a part number and or pics of this item. My main case number is 3925656 and the ext. housing number is 326558. I believe this to be a sag from 73/74. I am live in Canada and would like to pick up the gear so I can get the speedo working. Also is there a clip that holds this in the tranny or does it just slide in on the end of the cable. Thank you. Any help would be appreciated.

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Saginaw speedo gear
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 02:52:22 PM »
My 67 ragtop was originally a 327 3 speed Standard but the previous owner installed a 1973 to. 1975 Saginaw 4 speed. However the speedometer does not work on the car. I removed the speedo cable from the tranny and the little plastic gear is missing from the end of the speedometer cable. Does any one by chance have a part number and or pics of this item. My main case number is 3925656 and the ext. housing number is 326558. I believe this to be a sag from 73/74. I am live in Canada and would like to pick up the gear so I can get the speedo working. Also is there a clip that holds this in the tranny or does it just slide in on the end of the cable. Thank you. Any help would be appreciated.

You can't select the speedo DRIVEN gear you need without knowing the rear axle ratio and tire diameter.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

anything