Author Topic: 68 Vert Space Saver  (Read 2772 times)

gkweber3

• View Profile
68 Vert Space Saver
« on: May 23, 2015, 08:08:09 PM »
Looking for a little guidance on a space saver inflator bottle - I have my bottle, but I have seen pictures of them with a black cardboard sleeve, with the decal on both the bottle and the sleeve. Is this correct? Also, does anyone have the dimensions and/or pictures of the sleeve (what I have seen seems to show the sleeve only covering a portion of the bottle)?

Boston14

• View Profile
Re: 68 Vert Space Saver
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 12:18:01 AM »
I have a November of 1968 built 1969 SS/RS convertible. I am in the process of restoring my original bottle (rough shape but restorable) but, here are what they look like (these are ebay bottles).

boston
boston14

1969 SS/RS 350 Convertible
Dover White with Black Top and D90 stripe, Red Standard Interior

gkweber3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 02:27:58 PM »
Boston, much appreciated. Would you happen to have a pic of the top half of the sleeve and know if it was just an open tube or if it had a metal lid?

Boston14

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 04:01:44 PM »
Those pics are the way the canisters came from GM.  There was a strap and hold down nut (like the one that holds the jack base on top of the wheel only smaller).  The lower half of the canister had a thick cardboard sleeve with the label glued to it. The upper half was bare except for the red paint which the whole canister was painted before the sleeve and lablel were applied.
boston14

1969 SS/RS 350 Convertible
Dover White with Black Top and D90 stripe, Red Standard Interior

anything