Author Topic: bump steer  (Read 3944 times)

crazyamc

• View Profile
bump steer
« on: April 22, 2015, 08:05:56 PM »
I've seen 2 different ways of adjusting bump steer; moving the tie-rod down at the steering arm with a spacer,  and I've seen bosses welded on the top side of the center link.     I've purchased a pair of "funnel" shaped solid spacers for the steering arms, but I'm guessing the inner wheel lip on the cast Minilite wheel is going to interfere once it's spaced down..   Car is NOT flared, and can't really space them out.     The welded center link always just unnerves me...     ???     Ken

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: bump steer
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 03:05:37 AM »
Ken, I'm no suspension expert. Hopefully someone else looking in will offer their input.
Jon Mello
CRG

cuda48

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 07:45:46 PM »
Some guys are known to bend the steering arms to fix it too!

Camicia

MO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 03:08:30 AM »
Most bump steer adjustments are made with the tie rods. If you run out of adjustment, that would require changing the tie rod pivot point. I've never seen wheel clearance problems, but I suppose it's possible.

wendell

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 01:08:42 AM »
If you're working with stock or Guldstrand pick up points, you should be able to dial out most of the BS by shimming the outer tie rod pivot down and have room inside a 15" minilite or panasport.  Even if you've moved stuff around, start plotting and tell us what you come up with.