Author Topic: The Vince Piggins Camaro  (Read 26346 times)

Rsss396

• View Profile
Re: The Vince Piggins Camaro
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2014, 02:39:59 PM »
I work with a older friend that back in 1970 went to the dodge dealer to get a 383 or 440 challenger but ended up walking out with a 340 T/A, they were hugely discounting it because nobody wanted the 340 including himself.
But after basically offering to sell it for cost to him he could not pass the deal up. He said it was actually a super fast car and never regretted buying it and of course now regrets ever selling it.

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2014, 03:16:49 PM »
I work with a older friend that back in 1970 went to the dodge dealer to get a 383 or 440 challenger but ended up walking out with a 340 T/A, they were hugely discounting it because nobody wanted the 340 including himself.
But after basically offering to sell it for cost to him he could not pass the deal up. He said it was actually a super fast car and never regretted buying it and of course now regrets ever selling it.

I'd have much preferred a 340 (esp a six pak) over a 383 or 440...  but a friend of mine bought a new T/A in '70.. his car would just nip my '70 RR in the 1/4... but a few months later, he traded the 340 sixpak engine to another USAF bud for the Hemi in his '66 Satellite!   We spent a while changing out the K member and rebuilding the Hemi before it went into the Challenger TA body.. :)   I often wonder how long my friend (Boyd Cochran) kept that Challenger TA with the Hemi.. he was from the LA area of California, but that has to be a very unique TA.. :)
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2014, 04:19:25 AM »
Here's Lou's window sticker...
Jon Mello
CRG

Freddie KillerWatt III

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2015, 12:21:25 AM »
Hi all new to the forum but I remember this very special car as a kid as I played in & around this car (& wanted it like everyone else) while the car was being repaired and painted by my dad at his shop "St Clair Shores Electronics" back in the mid to late 70's before we moved to Florida in 79 not K&M repair as documented by SS. As I remember being told  Vince himself got the replacement rear quarters & other parts from GM. The paint was lacquer, with the base color of the car being  Black & the white strip had ice blue dusted at the edges then the car was cleared with a blue pearl.As such the car changed colors from Black to Purple and Mid Night Blue,  I myself always wondered why Super Chevy did a black & white photo shoot but it still looks spectacular. I was told that the paint started check a few years back but still looked pretty good.

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2015, 03:21:42 AM »
Welcome, Freddie! Thanks for giving us more information on this very special Camaro.
Jon Mello
CRG