CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2014, 04:58:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
104563 Posts in 12237 Topics by 4718 Members
Latest Member: tfisher15
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Originality
| | |-+  Original Air Cleaner for 69 SS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Print
Author Topic: Original Air Cleaner for 69 SS  (Read 16865 times)
69redrsss

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2009, 12:39:19 AM »

Here's an example of a post from an original owner claiming to have a painted lid.  I'll stop posting on the painted lid topic.
http://forums.hemmings.com/viewtopic.php?p=7706&sid=b121a93267c6f2654bce2a460ff473d5

I've attached a picture of my engine.  I appreciate that the valve covers & air cleaner are not original (in the process of being changed) but someone went to the effort to find a part to cover the upper heat stove opening when the original heat stove pipe was removed.  If someone knows where it came from I'd sure like to know because it looks very original/GM like. It's not something a non-OEM supplier would likely even bother with.  Is it from one of those dealer dress-up kits some talk about?

Les
'69 Garnet Red TH350 SS350 RS
z/27 camaro

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2010, 07:24:23 PM »

i have a Nov 68 built 69 camaro RS/SS. it had a chrome air cleaner lid on the original air cleaner. i also have a copy from GM canada of the build/option sheet for my car and it does NOT have any reference to a chrome lid or dress up option.
does anyone have a RPO for this option in 69? or even what it would say on a build sheet, as some of you allude to here?

Kurt and John Z are camaro gurus as far as what should have been on cars from the factory. they have been at this a long time and i would bow to there expertise any day of the week.

the only thing that could now but this to rest as far as black air cleaner lids VS chrome is build dates of camaro's. im with john and kurt on this one tho, the L48 SS camaro's all had chrome lids and painted valve covers. thats all ive ever seen on factory air cleaners on camaro's and nova's over the years. ive owned my camaro for 31 years now.
9T4Z

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2011, 08:17:58 PM »

There was some skepticism as to whether L48 always came with a chrome air cleaner lid.  Did this exclude reference to the Cowl Induction cars?  My May 69 SS 350 Cowl car has a black air cleaner lid... and while I'd like it to be chrome, I think black painted was correct.

anyone?

Gary

Gary 9T4Z

94Z rag blower 491 rwhp (now 505!)
69 Pace Car, 70RS,91Z,91RS
z/27 camaro

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2011, 12:04:53 AM »

Gary
if you have an original SS cowl induction car.....im guessing yours is a 69 pace car? ...you would have a Black air cleaner lid.  Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: