CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 04:59:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
104949 Posts in 12263 Topics by 4727 Members
Latest Member: Z10 Paceman
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Originality
| | |-+  Mud flaps? fender protectors? anyone?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print
Author Topic: Mud flaps? fender protectors? anyone?  (Read 1027 times)
BULLITT65

BULLITT65
View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2014, 10:04:28 AM »

Well I have the invoice for them, but they were long gone. Who know with what his son is finding in the basement, they may turn up. He has already found a few goodies for me.
*if they did turn up, they would be a display piece... Smiley

1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear) please
Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV
VHX032

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2014, 11:06:31 AM »

I remember when a CHP gave me a fix it ticket back in 1969 that included a requirement to put mud flaps on simply because I went to G series tires in back. So I bought a set of these same flaps but just used the metal part. Technically the tire exposure did not meet Vehicle code requirements at the time, and this officer was known for being very nit-picky about stuff like that. Seems like nowadays the constables have better things to do than look for VC violations that are not a obvious safety issue. BTW the flaps did not stay on long after follow up inspection.
hgger69

Hugger orange rules!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2014, 02:13:23 PM »

I remember when a CHP gave me a fix it ticket back in 1969 that included a requirement to put mud flaps on simply because I went to G series tires in back. So I bought a set of these same flaps but just used the metal part. Technically the tire exposure did not meet Vehicle code requirements at the time, and this officer was known for being very nit-picky about stuff like that. Seems like nowadays the constables have better things to do than look for VC violations that are not a obvious safety issue. BTW the flaps did not stay on long after follow up inspection.
Do you still have them? Wink

Regards

Hakan from Sweden
1969 Camaro X44, hugger orange, 355, TH350, 4:10 12 bolt Posi, RPO Z87, black/white houndstooth, 14" steel wheels & dog dish, 02D built
www.hakansmotorsida.com
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: