Author Topic: Mud flaps? fender protectors? anyone?  (Read 12777 times)

BULLITT65

• View Profile
Re: Mud flaps? fender protectors? anyone?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2014, 03:04:28 PM »
Well I have the invoice for them, but they were long gone. Who know with what his son is finding in the basement, they may turn up. He has already found a few goodies for me.
*if they did turn up, they would be a display piece... :)
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

VHX032

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2014, 04:06:31 PM »
I remember when a CHP gave me a fix it ticket back in 1969 that included a requirement to put mud flaps on simply because I went to G series tires in back. So I bought a set of these same flaps but just used the metal part. Technically the tire exposure did not meet Vehicle code requirements at the time, and this officer was known for being very nit-picky about stuff like that. Seems like nowadays the constables have better things to do than look for VC violations that are not a obvious safety issue. BTW the flaps did not stay on long after follow up inspection.

hgger69

• Hugger orange rules!
    • View Profile
    • Håkans Motorsida
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2014, 07:13:23 PM »
I remember when a CHP gave me a fix it ticket back in 1969 that included a requirement to put mud flaps on simply because I went to G series tires in back. So I bought a set of these same flaps but just used the metal part. Technically the tire exposure did not meet Vehicle code requirements at the time, and this officer was known for being very nit-picky about stuff like that. Seems like nowadays the constables have better things to do than look for VC violations that are not a obvious safety issue. BTW the flaps did not stay on long after follow up inspection.
Do you still have them? ;)
Regards,
Hakan from Sweden
1969 Camaro X44, hugger orange, 427 ZL-1 tribute, TH350, 4:10 12 bolt Posi, RPO Z87, black/white houndstooth, 14" steel wheels & dog dish, 02D built
www.hakansmotorsida.com

anything