CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2014, 10:15:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
105586 Posts in 12331 Topics by 4753 Members
Latest Member: stpatrick
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Originality
| | |-+  rear signal issue
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: rear signal issue  (Read 332 times)
sbmiano

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2014, 11:55:39 AM »

The passenger rear signal works sometimes and sometimes not so I tracked the dark green wire to the terminal under the steering column and jiggled it and it works so I am guessing its at the terminal.  Question is how are the wires put into the terminal?  I don't see any screws to hold them in?  are the just shoved in there?  Thanks for input

69 z28  Van Nuys 04D Legends Certified
09 viper 5k miles
JohnZ
CRG Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 09:13:21 PM »

The passenger rear signal works sometimes and sometimes not so I tracked the dark green wire to the terminal under the steering column and jiggled it and it works so I am guessing its at the terminal.  Question is how are the wires put into the terminal?  I don't see any screws to hold them in?  are the just shoved in there?  Thanks for input

The metal terminal on the wire has a small "tang" bent up in the center which engages behind a "step" molded into the connector body to retain the terminal in the connector. You can "unlock" the tang with a tiny skinny screwdriver, in the slot in the end of the connector.

'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG
sbmiano

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 10:57:13 AM »

thnaks so much

69 z28  Van Nuys 04D Legends Certified
09 viper 5k miles
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: