Author Topic: 63K mile '69 Sport Coupe  (Read 15363 times)

Flowjoe

• View Profile
Re: 63K mile '69 Sport Coupe
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2013, 05:21:49 AM »
Or are you just trying to create enough buzz to get a few guys to start making you offers? seems like you have to decide wether you are trying to get every nickle out of it (ebay auction etc)
Or if money is not your motivator as you state that you want it to go to somebody that will give it the TLC, then there should be a price stated.
So which is it?
-No price to generate a private bidding war?
-a price listed so someone that has real interest may contact you, knowing there aren't a bunch of side deals going on?

Ya know, the more I think about it the more I resent you coming down on me for following your very specific advice.  Guess I shouldn't have have done so, that's my bad.

Quote from: BULLITT65
...If there is a problem, I think you could safely post pictures of it on CRG and state all the facts about the car and then say you are thinking of selling it, and you would probably get a few PM s of members who would be interested. Just an idea

One final thought...Selling the car to someone who cares is not mutually exclusive with making money on the deal. 
The car has to go.
The money will go towards completing my daughter's Corvette.
I'd just prefer that those interested in the car for something other than hot rodding would end up with it but at the end of the day it ends up with who it ends up with.

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2013, 05:31:03 AM »
I was out with my family as well when I posted (aren't smart phones great?) Just figured a price would have been in there, but I understand waiting for Kurt to chime in.
I look forward to seeing your post on Team Camaro, Good luck!
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2013, 02:27:12 PM »
Hey guys,
I can sympathize and understand both view points. Flowjoe, I, too, would like to have some avenue to sell stuff that insures it goes to a "good home". I don't mind helping the true hobbyist and would give them a "deal",per se, just to be of help and assure my stuff was not butched up or sold off only that someone else could profit. Unfortunately, there are some who would capitalize on one persons generosity and the deal you gave them would be up for sale a week later at a price you could have probably gotten. Also, not everyone shares the passion for correct original cars as you point out. Again, I would probably take less money for my car knowing it was going to someone who always wanted a original, you fill in the blank, car. It never seems to fail, the reality might be and usually is,that the buyer is not as passionate and can't wait to get the torches out and ruin what you preserved.
 Bullitt65, I see your side too. We all have inquired on a car or part, just to be jerked around like a pawn in a game to "see how bad you want it". that is why most will be forthright and want pics and a price up front. That way ,we are not chasing down countless leads that never pan out. An analogy I like is a steak dinner. A $50 steak dinner will get my scrutiny more so than a $10 one. Why? Because I expect more as the price increases and perceive a bargain with the less expensive meal. The pics are one element, but without a price we cannot conclude:A)"Man! That's a deal." B)" Ahh, that seems about right from my experience on price." Lastly, C)" That guy is dreamin' if he thinks he'll get that."
So, no one needs to be upset about advices given. Both of you were being "normal" in your perspectives and had good intentions from both sides.
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

JKZ27

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2013, 12:43:06 PM »
Love the car Joe! Awesome color combo! It deserves a good home where it will be respected for what it is. Low HP cars with options seem to be the real rarity these days. That's the kind of car that makes me think "I could drive a 69 Camaro every day". I wish I had the room and the time for it. Good luck Joe, thanks for the pics.

John
John
69 RS/SS Cortez Silver, L48 MC1
68 RS Ash/Ivy Gold 327EFI M20

sixt9x33rs

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2013, 01:04:48 PM »
Hey guys,
I can sympathize and understand both view points. Flowjoe, I, too, would like to have some avenue to sell stuff that insures it goes to a "good home". I don't mind helping the true hobbyist and would give them a "deal",per se, just to be of help and assure my stuff was not butched up or sold off only that someone else could profit. Unfortunately, there are some who would capitalize on one persons generosity and the deal you gave them would be up for sale a week later at a price you could have probably gotten. Also, not everyone shares the passion for correct original cars as you point out. Again, I would probably take less money for my car knowing it was going to someone who always wanted a original, you fill in the blank, car. It never seems to fail, the reality might be and usually is,that the buyer is not as passionate and can't wait to get the torches out and ruin what you preserved.
 Bullitt65, I see your side too. We all have inquired on a car or part, just to be jerked around like a pawn in a game to "see how bad you want it". that is why most will be forthright and want pics and a price up front. That way ,we are not chasing down countless leads that never pan out. An analogy I like is a steak dinner. A $50 steak dinner will get my scrutiny more so than a $10 one. Why? Because I expect more as the price increases and perceive a bargain with the less expensive meal. The pics are one element, but without a price we cannot conclude:A)"Man! That's a deal." B)" Ahh, that seems about right from my experience on price." Lastly, C)" That guy is dreamin' if he thinks he'll get that."
So, no one needs to be upset about advices given. Both of you were being "normal" in your perspectives and had good intentions from both sides.

Well said!
'69 RS Z/28 65B, 711 Flat hood no spoiler, endura, 4:10 43K miles
69 X77 Z/28 69 69 711 Original Paint Unrestored (Sold)
'69 X66 Convertible 69B 712 auto, (Sold) 44K miles

Flowjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2013, 04:38:25 PM »
I planned to not post again and just let the thread die but after reading the last three posts I figured I " owed" a status report.  No doubt you have noticed I have not yet posted on TC.  I figured that since that would be an actual advertisement I needed a few more photos showing details (like the broken tail lamp lens) for which I just could not find the time yesterday.  I also need to track down any parts I may have (like the OE lens to replace the aforementioned broken one).  Really should have that all nailed down rather than a bunch of hand waving  and guessing.  This thread was pretty ad hoc and not really what one would want to see in an actual listing...so I guess I should be thanking CRG for letting me see the wrinkles that needed ironing ;) .  I have another site on which I am very active (not TC ;D ) so know the members fairly well.  II will mostly likely give those guys a shot before you see it at TC for the same reasons I was going to go here first.

I've always thought this was a keen little car and had envisioned it completed in it's original color being driven by my daughter.  But as I watched her enthusiasm for C3's grow I realized I should give her a choice.  Once the choice was made I realized that I really had to get the number of cars around here down...I'm not getting any younger and have too many left to build...plus I only have so much garage space ;) .  It's taken me since March to mentally let this car go (after I've had almost 8 years of planning it's restoration under my belt). 

If it doesn't sell at the other site then I will post up here to let you all know when it hits TC.  You will note that there is still no price mentioned.  That's because this is not an ad but a discussion about a fairly original car and it's fate.  On that note I will add this:  if any one has questions about details, colors, etc I would be happy to take photos or whatever of this car and post back up here in this thread. 

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2013, 05:26:22 PM »
Isn't amazing how people like to stick their nose in other peoples business? Who really cares? I had asked about a part I had in the' WIW' forum on Team Camaro and almost immediately I got a PM asking if I wanted to sell it and I said sure. I posted it SOLD and I got a post just shortly after that I was being sneaky about advertising in WIW forum instead of offering it in the For Sale forum. I really never got the chance to offer it for sale but it was considered sneaky to this person. People have opinions, whether they are right or wrong, but to be called out as being 'sneaky' by someone that had no business saying anything doesn't go over too well in my book. I was taught the "be seen and not heard" method when I was growing up. If it doesn't have anything to do with me, I'm not sticking my nose in it...except for this post...sorry guys...just my 10 cents.
GaryC

'UNRESTORED' 1969 Cortez Silver Z28 X33 D80

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2013, 02:57:28 AM »
if any one has questions about details, colors, etc I would be happy to take photos or whatever of this car and post back up here in this thread. 
It's a good project car - I remember seeing it in 06. Doesn't seem that long ago.....
If you know any of the drivetrain codes, can you post them? Thanks!
Kurt S
CRG

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2013, 03:49:04 AM »
Isn't amazing how people like to stick their nose in other peoples business? Who really cares? I had asked about a part I had in the' WIW' forum on Team Camaro and almost immediately I got a PM asking if I wanted to sell it and I said sure. I posted it SOLD and I got a post just shortly after that I was being sneaky about advertising in WIW forum instead of offering it in the For Sale forum. I really never got the chance to offer it for sale but it was considered sneaky to this person. People have opinions, whether they are right or wrong, but to be called out as being 'sneaky' by someone that had no business saying anything doesn't go over too well in my book. I was taught the "be seen and not heard" method when I was growing up. If it doesn't have anything to do with me, I'm not sticking my nose in it...except for this post...sorry guys...just my 10 cents.
If the persons business is to sell the car, and then someone from the site he wanted to post it on shows interest wouldn't they need to stick their nose in?? Seems like the scenario he said he wanted happened and then ?
 Your 10, and 10 of my own ;)

Flowjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2013, 06:53:17 AM »
It's a good project car - I remember seeing it in 06. Doesn't seem that long ago.....
engine code on pad is T0430DD - which jives with the car.  No VIN derivative on pad...will see if I can get a look down by oil filter.  I have the cast date on the intake too but need to go look it up.  Alternator and water pump have been swapped out for newer units.  Doubt I will get the code off the tranny but am aiming to pull code from rear end...will post when I do Kurt.

Flowjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2013, 09:10:08 PM »

Kurt, Intake is Casting # 3927183 dated C 25 9.  More as I get to them.

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2013, 12:37:59 PM »
Thanks!
Kurt S
CRG

janobyte

• Before it was called Day 2 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2013, 01:15:12 PM »
If someone's interested, can always shoot him a personal email---I see the other side of it. I see it as we sort of get an opportunity to purchase before it hits mainstream. I can see ,by no means ,turning this site into Auto Trader. Nothing wrong with like minded individuals giving a heads up before it ends up in the hands of someone holding it for ransom. aka the $1800.00 alternator.
68 Z/28  born with: 302, drive line, etc..

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2013, 02:51:24 PM »
If the persons business is to sell the car, and then someone from the site he wanted to post it on shows interest wouldn't they need to stick their nose in?? Seems like the scenario he said he wanted happened and then ?
 Your 10, and 10 of my own ;)

Hey guys I should have added that my reply in no way is calling anyone out. This is a pure observation. Sorry for any misunderstandings
GaryC

'UNRESTORED' 1969 Cortez Silver Z28 X33 D80

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2013, 05:34:43 PM »
If someone's interested, can always shoot him a personal email---I see the other side of it. I see it as we sort of get an opportunity to purchase before it hits mainstream. I can see ,by no means ,turning this site into Auto Trader. Nothing wrong with like minded individuals giving a heads up before it ends up in the hands of someone holding it for ransom. aka the $1800.00 alternator.
The $1800 alternator comment made me laugh, that made me think of 1 guy specifically. :D (He still posts on here from time to time.)

" Hey guys I should have added that my reply in no way is calling anyone out. This is a pure observation. Sorry for any misunderstandings"

No worries Gary. Were good  :)

anything