Author Topic: Don't miss out on this one  (Read 20291 times)

Azure1969Z/28

• View Profile
Don't miss out on this one
« on: September 21, 2013, 10:13:14 PM »
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4081817876.html
Comments ? How long was this thing in the canal before they pulled it out ?

Azure1969Z/28

• View Profile
Re: Don't miss out on this one
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 10:24:41 PM »
$7500?

ZLP955

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 11:35:03 PM »
Pity there's no picture of the trim tag.
Tim in Australia.
1969 04A Van Nuys Z/28. Cortez Silver, Dark Blue interior, VE3, Z21, Z23, D55/U17, D80, flat hood.
Sold at Clippinger Chevrolet in Covina, CA.
AHRA Formula Stock at Lions Dragstrip, NHRA E/MP at Pomona Raceway

1slow64

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 11:47:18 PM »
doesn't look to bad. I would love to have a X55 car. if I had the room I would take it. $7500 is an asking price.....
69 X66 RALLY GREEN BLACK COMFORT WEAVE

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 03:50:00 AM »
Asked him for a pic of the cowl tag. Here is our banter so far below. Waiting for new response.. Danny

Please email a clear close up picture of the trim tag on the cowl. Thanx..

I would prefer if you came look at it so it won't be on the Internet

Why would that matter? There are thousands online right now all over the world. It’s not like your posting your social. All it does is show some things about the car, some options, color of car, trim, what number in the sequence the car was built, etc. You do know the VIN is not on the cowl tag right?...

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 04:52:39 PM »
His reply to my last question. AND, my next question to him... Danny

I would have to get it tomorrow and send you the picture

Ok, sounds good. It would also really be good to have the VIN. Cause that helps tie it all in. It’s not a big money car by any means. So it’s not like somebody is going to track it down and try to come steal it.

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 06:34:14 PM »
I see the asking price is $6500. "how many  camaros are left on (on the road) ?" This car will be bought and be put back on the road. It seems like a first gen camaro has to practically crumbling into the ground for one not to be restored, or stored for a future resto. I (still) have a 66 Chevelle SS that I bought back in the day that was pretty similar condition I did a quick aerosol overhaul of the engine compartment, and interior, dropped in an extra 396 I had laying around, & traded a fender for a muncie 4 speed. by the time I had it on the road I think I had about 1200 to 1300 into it and I drove the piss out of it for the next 6 years. My point being is: it was an affordable 60's muscle car that ended up turning low 12's in the 1/4 for very little cost.  My car might have been in a little worse condition to start with, and at a minimum I could see someone doing the same with this car.
I don't have a digital image of the car when I bought yet, but here is another one of my 66's that is just a tad better condition, but you get the idea.
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

Azure1969Z/28

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 09:45:36 PM »
Sorry if my original post seemed kind of sarcastic. Maybe I'm just bitter that I sent a 69 away to the crusher that still had a usable roof,firewall, and cowl tag. Just seems at some point to be too far gone. 1f you have to replace 75% of the sheet metal, 100% of the running gear and interior, 90% of the glass and 100% of the trim, what do you really have?
I guess that's why I kept the VIN and Cowl tag from the one I sent it away.

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 10:14:59 PM »
I hear you on the 20/20 rear view. All I'm saying is on almost any of these projects, replacing the interior is a given, glass can be saved most of the time, or can be found relatively easy, motor/trani again pretty easy.
Ok so now the meat of the argument the sheet metal:So if a car has poor sheet metal,  One guy may say "junk the car", another may say just replace enough to get it on the road, ( I have a friend who just fixes the metal enough to make them a 20 ft road worthy car), another may go front to back giving it necessary sheet metal. It just depends on the guy, and his initial investment in the car.
But I will tell you this if you have a good roof and firewall, and vin, you throw some full quarters on it, and it may seem like your half way done at that point and over the hump.
I have another friend that bought a plain jane 65 mustang coupe. (original v8 car). And replaced A LOT of metal on that car, we both learned to mig weld on that car. He basically saved it from the junk yard, because he liked that body style and got a deal on the rolling chassis.

The right buyer has a dream of what it will look like done, and sometimes it is the journey of bringing the car back that is worth more than the first drive when you get it done

(1964 C/10- the only original metal on the this truck is the radiator support and frame. 7 or 8 rusty long beds and 1 short bed gave their life so my truck could see the road rust free)

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 10:24:17 PM »
Here is the cowl tag. I am surprised he cut the upper right side off to protect the production number. That's a red flag already....I don't know what the hell he thinks he has. This thing is pretty much a pile of crap. I wonder how many people died in that thing. ;D... Danny

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013, 10:10:44 AM »
I don't think he cut it. He just stuck an index card or piece of paper over the corner. If there is a problem with what is shown, I don't see it.
Tom
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013, 05:53:09 PM »
I meant he cut that part out. Not literally cut the tag. I think your right, he set an index card on top and took the pic. Funny I don't know what he's trying to hide. I sent another email asking for the VIN, we'll see.... Danny

ZLP955

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2013, 09:29:18 PM »
Tags looks good....
To some degree, I can understand why sellers are wary of supplying photos to "tag chasers", especially if the requester of the photos has no interest at all in buying the car, and the seller later finds it the subject of discussion on an Internet forum.
I understand the motivation for assisting those who track VINs and TTs, and find the dark side of the hobby - fooling people with fake cars - disgusting, but I can also see why some sellers are reluctant to provide VIN and tag details to strangers via email.
Tim in Australia.
1969 04A Van Nuys Z/28. Cortez Silver, Dark Blue interior, VE3, Z21, Z23, D55/U17, D80, flat hood.
Sold at Clippinger Chevrolet in Covina, CA.
AHRA Formula Stock at Lions Dragstrip, NHRA E/MP at Pomona Raceway

Azure1969Z/28

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2013, 09:39:34 PM »
He is hiding "fisher" from "BODY BY FISHER* doesn't want you to suspect that a fisherman found it under water!!!

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2013, 10:28:53 PM »
Tags looks good....
To some degree, I can understand why sellers are wary of supplying photos to "tag chasers", especially if the requester of the photos has no interest at all in buying the car, and the seller later finds it the subject of discussion on an Internet forum.
I understand the motivation for assisting those who track VINs and TTs, and find the dark side of the hobby - fooling people with fake cars - disgusting, but I can also see why some sellers are reluctant to provide VIN and tag details to strangers via email.

I don't know about that. If there is nothing to hide, show both tags and good pics of the car and get it sold.

anything