Author Topic: 67 Accelerator Pedal Rod Support  (Read 5200 times)

1967RS/SS

• View Profile
67 Accelerator Pedal Rod Support
« on: August 30, 2013, 06:02:33 PM »
Is there anything inside the accelerator pedal rod support itself that can wear out or needs replacing other than the two plastic bushings?  Should I replace the entire pedal rod support? 

My pedal is low and does not seem to engage the throttle arm at all.  It is at the floor and will need adjusting, but since I need to order the bushings, pedal spring, and pedal to rod pin since they are missing, I would like to get it all at once.

Thanks,

Joe   
1967 RS/SS L-48
Van Nuys 01C
Joseph

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: 67 Accelerator Pedal Rod Support
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 02:18:39 PM »
Is there anything inside the accelerator pedal rod support itself that can wear out or needs replacing other than the two plastic bushings?  Should I replace the entire pedal rod support? 

My pedal is low and does not seem to engage the throttle arm at all.  It is at the floor and will need adjusting, but since I need to order the bushings, pedal spring, and pedal to rod pin since they are missing, I would like to get it all at once.

Thanks,

Joe   

Check the "flat" on both the rod and where it mates with the lever for good engagement without rounding it off and getting sloppy; if that's OK, all it needs is the bushings.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

1967RS/SS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 04:22:20 AM »
Thanks JohnZ. 

Could this be why the pedal doesn't lever or spring back?😠

1967 RS/SS L-48
Van Nuys 01C
Joseph

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 04:27:44 PM »
<<Could this be why the pedal doesn't lever or spring back?>>

The assembly of the pedal, pivot pin, and spring is shown in UPC 6 in the Assembly Manual - looks like the photo below.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

anything