CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 22, 2014, 12:57:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
103337 Posts in 12156 Topics by 4691 Members
Latest Member: 67Nick
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Maintenance
| | |-+  67 Accelerator Pedal Rod Support
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 67 Accelerator Pedal Rod Support  (Read 1029 times)
1967RS/SS

View Profile Email
« on: August 30, 2013, 01:02:33 PM »

Is there anything inside the accelerator pedal rod support itself that can wear out or needs replacing other than the two plastic bushings?  Should I replace the entire pedal rod support? 

My pedal is low and does not seem to engage the throttle arm at all.  It is at the floor and will need adjusting, but since I need to order the bushings, pedal spring, and pedal to rod pin since they are missing, I would like to get it all at once.

Thanks,

Joe   

1967 RS/SS L-48
Van Nuys 01C
Joe
JohnZ
CRG Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 09:18:39 AM »

Is there anything inside the accelerator pedal rod support itself that can wear out or needs replacing other than the two plastic bushings?  Should I replace the entire pedal rod support? 

My pedal is low and does not seem to engage the throttle arm at all.  It is at the floor and will need adjusting, but since I need to order the bushings, pedal spring, and pedal to rod pin since they are missing, I would like to get it all at once.

Thanks,

Joe   

Check the "flat" on both the rod and where it mates with the lever for good engagement without rounding it off and getting sloppy; if that's OK, all it needs is the bushings.

'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG
1967RS/SS

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 11:22:20 PM »

Thanks JohnZ. 

Could this be why the pedal doesn't lever or spring back?😠

1967 RS/SS L-48
Van Nuys 01C
Joe
JohnZ
CRG Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 11:27:44 AM »

<<Could this be why the pedal doesn't lever or spring back?>>

The assembly of the pedal, pivot pin, and spring is shown in UPC 6 in the Assembly Manual - looks like the photo below.

'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: