Author Topic: I found a Sequoia Green Z28 with air plenum 9 k miles !  (Read 22918 times)

flying bowtie

• Flying Brians Camaro
    • View Profile
I found a Sequoia Green Z28 with air plenum 9 k miles !
« on: August 02, 2013, 12:53:29 AM »
Hi all,I found "the Car" Its fully restored,with 9k original miles! It came with radio delete in Sequoia green.It is my dream car! Id like to know what its worth from the authorities.This is my first time writeing .Thank You Brian

maroman

• View Profile
Re: I found a Sequoia Green Z28 with air plenum 9 k miles !
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 01:40:25 AM »
Not trying to bust your bubble, but slow down. First of all, if it's YOUR dream it doesn't matter what others think it's worth. I would be wondering why a 9K car is restored, and if it was done properly. REAL parts or parts car?
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

flying bowtie

• Flying Brians Camaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 01:56:10 AM »
I saw pics of the car before resto and the only rust was min on the lower fenders,paint didnt look to bad.. BUT WASNT A SHOW CAR,IT WAS scca RACED IN 68-70 BUT UNCUT(sorry bout cap locks lol) Um I think the guy wanted a perfect car so he had it restored?? Anyway its alot of money but I think its a buy with air plenum option and seqouia paint.Just wondering what it would apprase for a bank loan..Thanks again.

MO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 03:24:41 AM »
By the color, I assume you are talking about a 68. Does it come with any documentation verifying it's a Z?

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 05:34:57 PM »
Congrats, and welcome to the site. PLEASE post some pics for us, we are all picture junkies, and I know I enjoy seeing the pictures of a new purchase.
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

jeff68

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 08:16:29 PM »
Just wondering what it would apprase for a bank loan.
Only 1 way to find out - have it appraised.
68 L30/M20 Convertible, Ash Gold
N10, F41, N34, Z21, ZJ9, Z87, D55, G80, P01, U17

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 08:45:16 PM »
now that I re-read your post, sounds like you haven't purchased the car yet. Easiest thing to do would be to get an appraiser out there, but I have met appraisers that don't know reproduction from original. Jerry is very knowledgable and if you can are going to spend a lot it may make sense to pay for his services to look over the car prior to purchase. He is not perfect, and there are other Camaro experts out there, but they should be able to give you their opinion if the car is a good buy, or the pros and cons of the Camaro in question. You can post pictures here of corse, and get our opinion but it is worth the same amount it cost you to join the CRG ($0). I would not purchase a vehicle based on the feedback from a few guys on the internet who can not see the car in person. We are more of a guide, if we see something blatantly wrong of corse we will call it out, but the car could be 2 camaros welded together and we wouldn't know it until a expert looks at the car in person. Just food for thought.
 Do all your research first, and look at many cars, would be a good start IMO. Then when you get a report from Jerry or who ever you will be able to understand and decipher it.
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

z28z11

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 03:57:21 AM »
By the color, I assume you are talking about a 68. Does it come with any documentation verifying it's a Z?

Brian,

Since '68's are easy to represent as a Z from the cowl tag standpoint, if this great sounding car lacks good documentation, be extremely careful with opening the wallet (goes without saying !). Like a lot of enthusiasts, I've come to realize the misrepresentations are everywhere, and people will tell you anything to sell a vehicle. There are a good many legitimate sellers out there, but an over abundance of fakery exists in this hobby. Don't let your enthusiasm overwhelm your better judgement -

Speaking of restoring 9K cars, a good friend of mine bought a '68 SS with less than 8K on it a few years ago, original everything except the rear end, documented; proceeded to do everything from touch up the original paint to rechrome perfect bumpers, replace small parts and trim, and change one of the best survivors I have ever seen to a restored car. Something about original paint cars makes you sick to see one messed with. Bad thing about it was I helped him do it.

Post pics if you can - Bullitt65 is right about pic junkies. I'll bet you'll get opinions out the kazoo -

Regards,
Steve
1968 Z28 M21/U17 BRG/W 1967 Chevy ll Nova SS 
1969 Z28 X77/M20/VE3 LeMans/W
1969 L78 X66/N66 Cortez/BVT
1969 Z11 L48/M35/C60/C06  1949 3100 5wd 235/6

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2013, 07:45:17 PM »
How expensive is it to have Jerry look at a car? Are there responsibilities you have to provide anything for him besides the car itself? From what I understand not many can afford to have a professional with this type of knowledge to appraise a Z. I want to have mine done, but I'm scared to death of what it would cost me. Something to think about anyway on top of what it would cost to get a bank loan too.
GaryC

'UNRESTORED' 1969 Cortez Silver Z28 X33 D80

janobyte

• Before it was called Day 2 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 10:13:34 PM »
I recommend picking up Jerry's book ,reads like a reference manual. I love it ,using it to document my car. Get the important #s out of it : block, heads, trans ,rear end, date codes. Like an algorithm : numbers don't match---stop, if they do proceed .

If your seller is charging what it's worth ,it is clean and appears legit ,see about splitting the cost on getting it certified. If mine was on the chopping block  ,I'd agree to it.

Cars not sitting in a PA Amish barn , right?
68 Z/28  born with: 302, drive line, etc..

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 10:40:42 PM »
I remember a car with the same description (except unrestored) being for sale down in Texas maybe 4-5 years ago (or more?). Was for sale on ebay at the time. I thought it was a very cool car. Appeared to be faded original paint if I remember correctly.
Jon Mello
CRG

68camaroz28

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2013, 10:50:52 PM »
Brian, welcome to the CRG!  ;D
To help you out you need to do some homework as already mentioned and supply needed info for any type of reasonable reference to value and value can still be eluding.
What exactly do you know about the car and how much is the person asking. Original engine? Have you looked at the car or just an advertisement. Give us some info and pics and many will have at it for ya.....
Chick
68 Z/28 NOR 01B Orig motor/trans/rear
69 Z/28 NOR 07A Orig Block & GM Cross-ram/carbs
69 L34 Rest. Nova Father/Son Car
69 L78 Surv Nova Purch 4/69 31K miles
67 L89 Corv Tribute
68 Corv 427/400 Orig motor
07 Corv Z06
R 68Z build- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2013, 07:02:47 AM »
I'm sure Jerry is not cheap. Finding out you got scammed is not cheap either, Jerry is one way to minimize that risk. Start with basic research like has been suggested by others above. If you find no issues, call Jerry before the deal is final. Good luck, welcome to the site.
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

MO

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2013, 06:03:37 PM »
Brian,

If there are no bulletproof docs or unquestionable block and stampings, it is essential to have a professional appraisal. That's pretty much true for any Camaro, but more so for 68's. Jerry would be at the top of my list, but there are other qualified professionals. So depending on where the car is located, you might find someone close that would't have as much travel expense and that could save you some fee. Personally, I would at least give Jerry a call and talk to him before you make any decisions.

Post the vin here to see if it is already in the database. A picture of the trim tag would also be helpful.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

MyRed67

• SZZLN 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2013, 10:47:50 PM »
Welcome to the Group, sounds like nice car.  I would only second what has already been stated.  Lots of luck with your research, hope it all turns out positive for you.
1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Original Engine   Z - Tribute
Mike C.    NW - Illinois