Author Topic: 1969 Oil Pressure Gauge Block Sender Fitting  (Read 64772 times)

Steve Shauger

• View Profile
    • Vintage Certification
Re: 1969 Oil Pressure Gauge Block Sender Fitting
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2014, 08:15:39 PM »
His post on TC was sorta confusing as to which one he believed to be correct; his first photo was the one with the 'internally threaded' compression fitting and the last two photos he posted showed an externally threaded compression fitting.   
Steve:  You're saying that you agree with Dave that his 'first photo' shows the correct 'internally threaded' compression fitting?

Just to add some 'brightness' to this thread, it seems to be a great place to follow thru on my promise to Steve S. (PaceMe) to post his photo here for all to see.. :)     Here he's shown posed with a very original (I think?).. '67 little old lady owned, one owner, original, never-smoked-in, but slightly-dusty SSRS...  oh.. and I should add 'back yard find' to make this more interesting to the barn find folks.. :)

PS.   It was great meeting you at Carlisle (finally) and getting to discuss some of this stuff personally, and thanks for the loaner badge.. :) ..    Also great to meet with Chick, TMR Eddie Sells, Skip Locaste?, Tom Flanagan (a great '69 yellow-blk Z28), and a few more whose names are escaping me right now while at Carlisle.

Gary, the car owners and enthusiast are what make this hobby and events so enjoyable and educational. I was actually certifying the dust on that barn find car. Notice my elbo did not come in contact with the dust...that is a no...no. The 11 mile 63 impala and orig owner 8700 mile 70 chevelle SS may be attending MCACN show and participate in the Vintage program.

Below is a picture of what I've seen exclusively.

Steve Shauger
Vintage Certification™ Program, Providing Recognition And Status To Unrestored Vehicles.  The Supercar Registry-www.yenko.net-

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2014, 08:31:54 PM »
Will the oil line caps from the reproduction oil lines fit that fitting that Dave posted the same as original? Looks like I'm in the market for another block fitting then. The one at HBC is the correct fitting in reproduction? I believe I have a reproduction oil line from Ricks as a spare and one that is currently on my car now, also from Ricks should fit the HBC fitting then?
GaryC

'UNRESTORED' 1969 Cortez Silver Z28 X33 D80

Steve Shauger

• View Profile
    • Vintage Certification
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2014, 08:40:24 PM »
Will the oil line caps from the reproduction oil lines fit that fitting that Dave posted the same as original? Looks like I'm in the market for another block fitting then. The one at HBC is the correct fitting in reproduction? I believe I have a reproduction oil line from Ricks as a spare and one that is currently on my car now, also from Ricks should fit the HBC fitting then?

On my orange Z I had to replace the line and the reproduction tapered fitting seemed a little oversized (didn't seat very deep), so I bought a 1/8" fitting kit from Advance Auto locally which had compression fittings.  I cut the end and installed, which worked perfect. I did it as precaution, however the repop may work fine.
Steve Shauger
Vintage Certification™ Program, Providing Recognition And Status To Unrestored Vehicles.  The Supercar Registry-www.yenko.net-

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2014, 09:13:25 PM »

On my orange Z I had to replace the line and the reproduction tapered fitting seemed a little oversized (didn't seat very deep), so I bought a 1/8" fitting kit from Advance Auto locally which had compression fittings.  I cut the end and installed, which worked perfect. I did it as precaution, however the repop may work fine.

Steve, you mean this fitting kit correct? Shouldn't be an issue using the nylon oil line. I'm thinking the oil line kit I got from Ricks in 2000 has the small ferrule already on the oil line as apposed to the bigger one your speaking of on the current oil line kit. Or should I use a new ferrule? 
GaryC

Steve Shauger

• View Profile
    • Vintage Certification
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2014, 09:25:12 PM »

Steve, you mean this fitting kit correct? Shouldn't be an issue using the nylon oil line. I'm thinking the oil line kit I got from Ricks in 2000 has the small ferrule already on the oil line as apposed to the bigger one your speaking of on the current oil line kit. Or should I use a new ferrule? 

See how deep the ferrule seats. The concern I had was only a couple of threads caught so I used the ferrule from the kit pictured. Sounds like you should be good to go....
Steve Shauger

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2014, 09:30:32 PM »

See how deep the ferrule seats. The concern I had was only a couple of threads caught so I used the ferrule from the kit pictured. Sounds like you should be good to go....

And all this hinges on getting the reproduction block fitting from HBC or getting lucky enough to find an original...somewhere. Damn, thought we had this all worked out last year.
GaryC

luv2sixty9

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2014, 06:49:25 PM »
His post on TC was sorta confusing as to which one he believed to be correct; his first photo was the one with the 'internally threaded' compression fitting and the last two photos he posted showed an externally threaded compression fitting.  
Steve:  You're saying that you agree with Dave that his 'first photo' shows the correct 'internally threaded' compression fitting?

Gary W,
I'm sorry that my post / pictures on TC #1 confused you with my verbage or which one I believed to be correct. The correct fitting is the one I posted with both male ends and all those pictures are of the same fitting with and without the oil line cap screwed on.  What I was trying to say or write should have read:  There has been some discussion reference the original oil line brass fitting. The one that keeps being discussed with the female end that is believed to be correct, but isn't is usally seen on early 60's vehicle.  All the oil line fitting that I have seen on a 69 Z28 is the one that I have pictured. Even my L48 Z11 Car has this fitting also and it original to the car. Maybe both styles were used, but I never seen that fitting used and a 69 Camaro Gauge Package Car".    
1967 Z/28 Butternut Yellow
1969 Z/28 Rally Green
1969 RS Z/28 Lemans Blue
1969 RS Z/28 Olympic Gold
1969 RS SS Pace Car
2010 Aqua Blue 2SS RS

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2014, 08:37:31 PM »
Steve:  You're saying that you agree with Dave that his 'first photo' shows the correct 'internally threaded' compression fitting?

Gary W,
I'm sorry that my post / pictures on TC #1 confused you with my verbage or which one I believed to be correct. The correct fitting is the one I posted with both male ends and all those pictures are of the same fitting with and without the oil line cap screwed on.  What I was trying to say or write should have read:  There has been some discussion reference the original oil line brass fitting. The one that keeps being discussed with the female end that is believed to be correct, but isn't is usally seen on early 60's vehicle.  All the oil line fitting that I have seen on a 69 Z28 is the one that I have pictured. Even my L48 Z11 Car has this fitting also and it original to the car. Maybe both styles were used, but I never seen that fitting used and a 69 Camaro Gauge Package Car".   

No problem man...  besides being easily confused, I can't see or hear very well either..  :)     when I looked at those three photos, the first one (with the cap on) seems like the other type of fitting, rather than the same fitting with a cap on it...   I can see now that you showed the assembled unit first, then the broken down parts...  Sorry about my confusion!  :)
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2014, 08:34:46 PM »
Quite a bit posted about this topic, I know. 69Z28 (Gary) asked a week ago under 69ZEE's (Darrell) post about a pic of his fitting. I began to look for my fitting, which I can say without question, is the original fitting off my L48 11D Nor U17 opt. car. There is a small brass pin in the ferrule that goes inside the plastic line. This looks the same as S. Shauger's in post #75. For the record, here are pics:
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

69 Zee

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2014, 08:06:03 PM »
If I may add to this thread as what's believed to be correct.  On my Z find thread, Gary (69Z28) had asked me what was my Oil Fitting set up installed on my block (#177).  At the time I was asked I did not have it among any of my parts and figured I would never have it.  Well within the last few days I picked up 2 more boxes of my original parts from the previous owner who had found them hidden away.  Inside one of the boxes was the original Oil Fitting to my Z.  Pic below was what was among parts and other fasteners to my car.  I hope this can help toward what may have been original to those with console gauges.
Darrell
'69 Camaro Z/28: 03B NOR X77 Dusk Blue, white top, all orig, Under construction
'69 Firebird all original 350 all power w/ac
'70 Plymouth Superbird: One owner, Limelight green, 45K miles, all original U code

Edgemontvillage

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 16, 2015, 04:38:15 PM »
Original, untouched oil pressure gauge fitting from my 2B Norwood RS Z/28.