Author Topic: 69 camaro multi leafs or mono  (Read 17660 times)

rich69rs

• LF7/M35/Z22/Z87
    • View Profile
Re: 69 camaro multi leafs or mono
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2006, 06:17:00 PM »
John -

I am assuming that the pciture you posted is from your original, unmolested Z-28.

If that is the case, I couldn't help but notice that in the picture, the axle housing lis natural (grey).  Seems like in previous posts, when this had been discussed, the consensus was that the differential and rear end assembly was painted a semi gloss black.  Am I remembering correctly?  I much prefer the natural phosphate grey look to the semi gloss black painted rear ends.

Can you offer any clarification?

Thanks

Richard
Richard Thomas
1969 RS

GS STAGE 1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2006, 11:00:40 PM »
The grey does look better.
Im curious, if this car is unmolested, did some cars not get the speckle paint sprayed underneath? I sure would like to know before it gets to that point in restoration. Appreciate any input

Thanks

GS STAGE 1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2006, 11:25:08 PM »
Disregard my previous post. I took a hose and sprayed the underneath, and it looks like its a solid color. It was an optical illusion of dirt.
John, can you confirm the correct color?. I also noticed the brake cable supports underneath your springs, I sure do like those, obviously mine were discarded when they swapped axles, but were these given to all early camaro's?
Thanks

« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 11:27:17 PM by GS STAGE 1 »

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2006, 05:34:25 PM »
John -

I am assuming that the pciture you posted is from your original, unmolested Z-28.

If that is the case, I couldn't help but notice that in the picture, the axle housing lis natural (grey).  Seems like in previous posts, when this had been discussed, the consensus was that the differential and rear end assembly was painted a semi gloss black.  Am I remembering correctly?  I much prefer the natural phosphate grey look to the semi gloss black painted rear ends.

Can you offer any clarification?

Thanks

Richard

That's not my car in the photo - don't recall where I grabbed it, but the configuration of the spring leaves is correct. My rear axle was originally painted "chassis black", but virtually all of it is gone now - it was cheap black paint, and didn't last long.

All 69's had the stamped parking brake cable supports (see the Assembly Manual, UPC 5 , Sheet C2).
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG