Author Topic: John Ware Trans-Am Camaro  (Read 77881 times)

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: John Ware Trans-Am Camaro
« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2013, 05:59:26 AM »
Some shots out on the track...

Great to meet Karman in person and see the car up close. It really turned out nice. The paint is beautiful.
Jon Mello
CRG

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2013, 06:16:12 AM »
Heading back to the paddock after the race...

Jon Mello
CRG

kdcrmms

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2013, 10:55:44 PM »
Those are great shots Jon thanks for taking them. Great to meet you as well. The car ran fine although in qualifying we had one of the hood Pin posts come loose and the hood flew up on the drivers side. I spent 3 laps in the hot pit but they secured it and then got it fixed for the next session. We started in the back but I actually think it was better being new to the track and it being a different car. Best time for us was a 1:48.857 in the race. There is still some work to do in getting it sorted and completed but for the most part we had a great time got the checkered and there were no incidents. It was great to meet everybody and share the enthusiasm.

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2013, 01:19:41 PM »
You're welcome, Karman. I'm glad you had a great time with the car at this event and had no major problems to overcome.
Jon Mello
CRG

kdcrmms

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2013, 06:04:43 PM »
We have decided to move the car out to California for completion. Since most of the events are on the West Coast it only makes sense.  Thanks to the Cobra Automotive Group for all their hard work in getting the car ready for the Historics.  Now we can focus on getting it completed for the 014 season.
The things we want to finish up are the Handling piece, Interior gauges, control box (Don't think I'm going to restore the interior), front spoiler etc. I am glad the car will be kept "local".

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2013, 08:56:25 PM »
Karman, since the car's history was West Coast based originally, it's nice to see you bring it back to its roots. Curt Vogt and Cobra Automotive did do a nice job on the car for you up to this point in time.
Jon Mello
CRG

kdcrmms

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2013, 10:53:36 PM »
Hi Jon, yes they did do a great job for me. I am very grateful to them and they do excellent work.  I agree the Ware's always ran the car in the West so it only makes sense.  I have forwarded quite a bit of information I have gathered over to the people at HTA so they can review and include it on their site as well.  I have recently been in touch with Rick Ware as well and we will be touching base in the near future so he can share additional information and pictures on the car.  Stay Tuned.

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2013, 12:02:42 AM »
Sounds great, Karman. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.
Jon Mello
CRG

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2013, 02:33:07 PM »
Here's another vintage picture sent to Karman from John Ryals. This appears to be earlier in the 1970 season but as of
this moment, were not sure which specific race it is from. Pretty cool shot of a good looking car.

John Ryals photo
Jon Mello
CRG

SMKZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2013, 03:40:44 PM »
Here's another vintage picture sent to Karman from John Ryals. This appears to be earlier in the 1970 season but as of
this moment, were not sure which specific race it is from. Pretty cool shot of a good looking car.

That is a cool shot!  Dig the larger front spoiler!
Scott
I don't have a 1st Gen but I have 1971 Z28 RS 4-spd, 1997 Z28 Z4C 6-spd, 2000 SS Convertible, 2010 RS 6-spd

kdcrmms

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2013, 12:46:33 AM »
Great shot. We are hoping to duplicate the spoiler for 2014.   Jon thanks for posting

Trans Åm

• CA Central valley
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2013, 01:30:27 AM »
IS it me or was this picture taken before any fender/quarter flare work was done? Maybe it's a bad angle or an inexperience eye. Awesome picture of an awesome car. Thanks to all involved in getting this cars story out into public view!
Nick

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2013, 02:32:23 PM »
Definitely looks like it was taken before the flares were added, which would explain why the livery changed a little bit such as the removal of the name
from the front fender and the different style of writing for Rex Carson Automotive. Here are a couple more items that were sent to Karman from John
Ryals, although it would seem that they came from the Ware family.

Jon Mello
CRG

anything