Author Topic: SS striping for my April 3rd week car  (Read 10057 times)

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: SS striping for my April 3rd week car
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 05:19:55 PM »
HERE are some nice pictures of Charley's ebay car when Dan Radman (the original owner) had it. (That's Dan in the bottom middle picture standing next to the car) This is a very original car (with a few small exceptions) with some cool options.

Ed

Charley

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 06:58:37 PM »
Great car but it just sits here.

dld2324

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 01:46:14 AM »
Very nice cars guys. Charlie wish I was ready for another one that would be a nice driver. GI Joe need to call me again on door hinges I lost your #.  What I am needing now is picture of rear of 396 car that is painted black to see were top of black line brakes. I found lots of talk on this but no one spoke of were the line brakes or what color black the tail is?
Thanks Again

Mark

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 01:53:14 AM »
Oh, we're not going to start the black tail panel color and gloss levels again are we? ;D
Mark C.
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 02:07:52 AM »

GI JOE

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2013, 09:40:01 AM »
Sorry man I'm not going down this tail panel road... i suggest you read all there is posted here... you should have an idea from there... but some better advice to you is to restore exactly what you find on your car.

From week to week, day to day, car to car things changed and just because one Camaro has it does not mean it was done that way on your car. So restore what you find on your car as best you can.   However you are correct in looking to a close built car to your build date as chances are your car was built similar... but just speculating here,  what if a series of BB cars came down the line with no blacked out tail pan because something happened that day (they're not stopping the production line) ....  and your car fell in that build sequence....  this is why I think it is really important to the history of the cars to restore what your car has.... 

makes me a little sick to see guys reproducing markings and graffiti just because they saw it on another car... matter of fact there is so much of this going on I wonder if it has affected the hobby and known historical truth as to how things were really built...

thank God we have a whole lot of good folks dedicated to the historical truth of the Camaro...and I apologize for not mentioning them all as there are many in this boat and too many to list...  some famous and some not ...  I could listen to any of them all day long...

Keep in mind that your car was only original once... if too much has changed or was modified and you cannot determine how to put it back then I would really re-consider where I was going with the car... but you do have to do what you like, it is your car...   but why spend $$$K on a car (unless it is something super rare or mostly OEM) when you could be doing a mod rod, day 2 car or whatever and going with a color you like and a set up where you are having much more enjoyment from it...

My 2nd Camaro is at the body shop now and I still have thoughts of doing my car as a day2 car (but I have 98% OEM) ... it would be so much easier to paint it metal flake candy apple deep red or maroon... through some Chrome Craigar mags with L-60's on the rear with some old school Lakewood traction bars, 90-10 front shocks, hooker headers, exhaust diverters, a Hurst supper shifter, blow shield, a safety loop and just go out to the strip and show these new cars a thing or two about GM Muscle...    8) ;D :D

sorry I got up on the soap box... but I hope my suggestions help... JOE

SFC GI JOE - Airborne Paratrooper
68- L-78, M22, BV
69- L-78, M22, BV, Conv

anything