News:

Classified ads are not allowed on the forum.

Main Menu

Foam tape seal around the factory consule gauges 1969

Started by john302, August 23, 2026, 06:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john302

Interesting? is it original?Hard to tell in the photo the color of the cover underside ? doesnt look green like a 69?

169INDY

Well, I took the 68Z for a long drive with friends today out to Bainbridge Island, Was a great drive, Noticed when driving in the Shade of Tall fir trees, I popped on the Dash lights and WOW the console gages "Leak" light around the perimeter of the lens upper housing Right where the Foam would be. So I was thinking that the foam might just serve a dual purpose. Noise or rattle mitigation and gage light bulb dash light activated light leaks.

Just a thought.

Jim
Jim
68 SS/RS L35 Th-400 LOS
69 Pace Car L48 Th-350 LOS
68 Z28 M21 LOS

hugrz28

john302 how did your solution, fix work out?

Dan