Author Topic: Websites that might be of interest to us  (Read 101330 times)

crossboss

• ^ New engine project
    • View Profile
Re: Websites that might be of interest to us
« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2020, 01:02:08 AM »
Greetings,

I didn't bother to mention the 1969 Donnybrooke Trans-Am content given I thought it was known.  Attached is a YT link to a stretch of the same likely in excess of the total content sampled within the Carfilms.com product line, this or the older VHS The History of the Trans-Am Series 1966-1992 produced by J.B. Heimann Productions.  The J.B. Heimann history of the series was rereleased on DVD some time back and is easy enough to find (if not everyone has it).  Anyhow, consider reviewing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdKWMq0GKT4

A while ago I posted a link to the same on a FB Historic Trans-Am group page and raised ire of someone who apparently had a hand in the production of such, although I wish he would have afforded information consistent with securing a licensed full-length copy given I and others would surely like a copy.  I deleted my post, although perhaps I should have pursued details consistent with firming up who was responsible for capturing the footage and producing what was seen?  Perhaps in time this information will be found or will surface.  Thanks...

P.S. For a time it's my understanding that copies of Four Hands on the Wheel were sold Autobooks and Aerobooks in Burbank, CA.  The fortunate few gathered copies thus, while rare screenings (likely utilizing examples of the actual film) are mentioned online, typically tied to themed lectures.  Beyond this the trail grows cold.  M.K.

Mike K./Swede70

Mike,
Your link to the '69 Donnybrooke T/A video is the 'better' version from a 3/4 U-Matic copy from the late 80s-early 1990s. This source tape was from a producer I once worked for who acquired it from an unnamed source I cannot say here. It then made the rounds via VHS bootleg copies. I'm quite sure this was the reason you encountered such a fuss over at the Trans-Am Historical Group. Fast forward to the early 2000s and my friend Manny purchased one of the original film negatives to this footage. He now owns the copyright to his own HD transfer.
Just another T/A fanatic. Current lifelong projects:
1968 Olds 442 W-30
1969 Mustang Fastback w a Can-Am 494 (Boss 429)

mikebaronehouston

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2020, 03:23:02 AM »
I love this video.  What a great time everyone was having.   And there was racing going on!
Mike Barone
Houston, TX

Swede70

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2020, 12:37:54 AM »
Greetings,

Something of likely interest, follow the link to examine a multi-part biography complete w/period photos outlining the life and influence of one Bill Howell.  Yunick, Penske Racing as well as Chaparral Camaro effort technical insights are to be gleaned, while the photos seem unique too.  Do consider exploring...

https://howellefi.com/bill-howell-history-part-1/

P.S.  If trouble is encountered accessing other parts of the tale, try to click on the posting date near the top of the body of the installment before scanning down to possibly reveal recycled additional link options such as 'Part 2' or 'Part 3'.  Apparently the reportage stretches across at least seven parts.  Good luck!

Mike K./Swede70

MO

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2020, 08:06:40 PM »
Fantastic reading Mike, thanks for posting it! What a career Bill had.

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 24, 2020, 07:58:15 PM »
Thanks for posting that, Mike.
Jon Mello
CRG

Swede70

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 09, 2021, 10:47:17 PM »
Greetings,

Very recently uploaded (at the time this was written), seen would be early laps from the '70 Road America Trans-Am race presumably captured on Super 8 mm film.  Short, but neat to view...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXKQy-5Euvk&fbclid=IwAR01NSDDyOmbuEFuWahR5a8TAGKRmeA5kA9m3yi-3dB9pRn0dh12pxyMDDY

Mike K./Swede70

crossboss

• ^ New engine project
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 09, 2021, 11:39:15 PM »
Nice! Yep, good 'ol Super 8mm shot @ 18FPS.
Just another T/A fanatic. Current lifelong projects:
1968 Olds 442 W-30
1969 Mustang Fastback w a Can-Am 494 (Boss 429)

jwbavalon

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 10, 2021, 09:05:41 PM »
Thanks for sharing the race.  I was surprised at the large number of Gen 1 Camaros vs the other brands.

MO

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2021, 02:26:11 AM »
Thanks for sharing Mike, really nice footage!

Swede70

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 26, 2021, 11:59:08 PM »
Greetings,

A scattering of '68-'69 Lime Rock Trans-Am images are accessible via the link, while of particular interest are '69 event images that depict some of the replacement drivers employed given that the front line regulars were otherwise occupied at the 1969 Indianapolis 500.  A hitherto unseen (for me anyways) image of Bob Johnson features, as do images of Swede Savage and Canadian John Cannon behind the wheel of the Bud Moore Engineering BOSS 302's.  Sam Posey, trying to settle into an uncomfortable Holman & Moody NASCAR seat fitted to his Shelby Racing Co. prepared BOSS 302 is also spied, the eventual race winner that year. 

https://www.barcboys.com/lime-rock-6869-ta

Mike K./Swede70

Swede70

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 29, 2022, 02:00:14 AM »
Greetings,

Never imagining I'd actually find a copy to view, nevertheless here would be 'Four Hands on the Wheel' via YouTube hidden in plain sight.  Chris Economaki narrates the famously elusive documentary far from everyone has seen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g9wjwcLuyo

Mike K./Swede70
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 02:51:10 AM by Swede70 »

MO

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 29, 2022, 04:48:23 AM »
Great footage and Chris's commentary is legendary!