Author Topic: Dealer Sticker  (Read 5968 times)

MyRed67

• SZZLN 67
    • View Profile
Dealer Sticker
« on: July 05, 2012, 04:25:27 PM »
  Hey guys, I have been in contact with a guy who was a mechanic at the Dealer where we believe my Red 67 Coupe was originally sold.   The Dealership has since closed(back in later '70's) but Ivan (the mechanic) stayed in the building doing automotive repair until last spring(2011).  Through a friend who lived in that town I was able to contact Ivan and have had a meeting and some other correspondence.  I should back up here a bit, I bought the car from my brother (after he rescued it from an Apple Orchard) for my son's 16 th.Birthday in '86 and drove it home.  My brother says he remembers there being a PELA sticker on the back.(I vaguely remember)   OK, back to present.  I've been in touch with Ivan and he has some PELA Dealer memorabilia that was left in the building, he's willing to part with.  And he GAVE me a PELA Dealer decal for the back of my car.  How cool is that?  Mind you, I have NO DOCUMENTATION to prove this, but this is what we believe to be true.  I have no intention of mis-representing the car, but I think it's a neat story.   Oh, and he has a PELA Chevrolet NEON Dealer clock that was in the owners office, I am real interested in.
1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Original Engine   Z - Tribute
Mike C.    NW - Illinois

BULLITT65

• View Profile
Re: Dealer Sticker
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 05:15:12 PM »
Very Cool! I have been on a mission to find ANY memorabilia for where my car was sold, and have no luck. JIM EDELBROCK CHEVROLET was located in Plymouth Michigan from about 66 to 1970. I have all sorts of paperwork, but I would love to find a license frame. The closest I have come was a wrecker who remembered seeing one in a junkyard. I hope you get the clock, that would look pretty awesome above your car in the garage!
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 05:58:42 PM »
Great on both items!  Congrats!
Vintage dealer clocks go for big bucks nowadays.  That's a great find.  Let us know how that goes...
Are you going to actually put the dealer decal on your car or put it in a restoration book for your car?
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

sdkar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 08:56:19 PM »
I still have my original dealer emblem from my 69 Pace Car.  It is not a sticker, but a metal emblem.  it is chrome over pot metal or whatever that metal is called, and is pitted.  Not horribly, but enough to look ugly.  What is the best way to repair this emblem?  It needs to have the pin holes filled in and then rechromed.  What product would be best for filling in the holes so it can be re-dipped?

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 09:06:48 PM »
Liquid metal possibly, it is for cold welds, but you may be able to chrome over it. My car was serviced at Berger Chevrolet in Grand Rapids and I have the "by Berger" emblem I would love to trade it for a License frame.

restore-z28

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 10:14:13 PM »
Very good news, speaking to the mechanic and getting the memorabilia. Agree the dealer clocks go for big dollars and would be a nice score.
Sonny
1969 Z28 Camaro, sold :-(
1970 Z28 Camaro
www.camaros.ca

PURESS

• View Profile

wtexz10

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 11:41:40 PM »
I returned to my car's original dealer about 6 years ago, which is now the oldest family owned Chevy dealer in Texas, and met with the owner, who I went to high school with.  He led me to an atic area in the dealership and found a box of NOS shiny chrome metal dealer emblems from the late 60's and early 70's.  He gave me a couple of them.  One I cut off the metal mounting prongs and attached magnetic strips to the back.  When I go to shows I snap the emblem to the back of my car.  I always hated these things in the past, but it looks perfect at shows.
69 Camaro Z10.. 72 GMC C1500
79 Mazda RX7.. 79 Trans Am WS6
06 Corvette Z06.. 10 BMW 650i

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 12:05:49 AM »
lets see a picture of it on your car, and/or one of the back of the emblem and how you attached the magnet.

MyRed67

• SZZLN 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 03:22:50 AM »
wtexz10>>>>
 I have thought about doing that with mine too.  As for the Dealer Clock, Ivan has decided he's not ready to part with it yet.  That dealership was a big part of his life.
1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Original Engine   Z - Tribute
Mike C.    NW - Illinois