Come Join Us and have your car Vintage Certified at MCACN Nov 17th & 18th in Chicago
Vintage Certification is a judging program whose sole purpose is to recognize, provide status, provenance, and promote un-restored (survivor) vehicles. We believe it is the only program that focuses on documenting and benchmarking these cars. Our core certification team consists of Brett Merryman, Chris White, John Karvonen, Roger Gibson, Steve Shauger and incorporates other specialists based on make and model. Each core team member possesses over 30 years experience as restorers, collectors, historians and judges in the hobby. Typically we spend 3hrs examining in detail every segment of your car including on a lift. The MCACN show http://www.mcacn.com
is the perfect venue to have your vehicle certified. You will be among and exclusive group of enthusiast who participate in this new exciting event.
We understand not every original car is 100% untouched, and we offer four levels of certification, based on the originality of the Vehicle.
Vintage Legend Certifications levels are divided into four divisions:
Vintage Legend - Cars that are 80%-90% unrestored in all reference areas.
Vintage Legacy - Cars that are minimally 50% unrestored, in three out of five reference areas.
Vintage Reference - Cars that are unrestored in at least one Vintage Reference Area.
Vintage Icon - Cars that have original-unrestored components disbursed throughout.
Reference Areas: Certification consists of two areas of consideration, Originality and Preservation. Reference areas are as follows:
• Engine Compartment Area
• Exterior Body
• Interior Body
This is Vintage Certification’s 14th year and we continuing to expand and educate enthusiast on factory standards.
Some Past Participants:
The following is a listing of cars we have certified at the last few shows: 1970 Dick Harrell 454 Conversion, 69 Yenko Camaro 19K mile (Don Stowers), 69 RS/SS L78,14K mile (Joe Demesey), 70.5 RS/Z28 1100mile (Charley Lillard), RS/SS L48 15K mile (Rick George), 70.5 Z28 22k mile (Jack Seymore), 67 Z28 (Chris Piscitello), 69 COPO (Grady Burch), 67 RS/SS 40Kmiles (Jeff Helms), 70 LS6 Chevelle(Joe Demesey), 69 SS Chevelle L35 (Phil Wojnarowski),
1973 Z28 35k miles(Ed Lis), 1972 ZR1 290 miles (Al Wagner), 1967 SS Chevelle (Jaquie Benthin), 1968 RS/SS L78 14k miles (Jason A.), 1970 LS6 4K miles (Tony Lucas), 1970 LS6 14K miles (Jared Hausfeld), 1973 Trans am SD 1700 miles (Tony Lucas), 1967 GTO Convertible (Opie Willis), 1968 RS/SS 9500 miles (Fred Remite), 1981 Camaro Z28 5000 miles (Scott Dunlap), 1966 Chevelle SS (Jeff Helms), 1983 Camaro Z28 6000 miles( Stuart Goldman),1970 T/A Challenger 173 miles ( Jason A.)
Your car need not be rare or low mileage, just original.
VINTAGE CERTIFICATION PROVIDES THE FOLLOWING:
• Encourages the preservation, status, recognition and appreciation of the unrestored vehicle.
• Offers the hobbyist the opportunity to have their Vehicle certified objectively, fairly and provides provenance and pedigree.
• Promotes and adheres to the philosophy that the original car showing wear is preferable to one that is improperly restored
• Vintage Certification represents a repository of factory correct standards by which the hobby and serious restorers can all benefit
• Vintage Certification identifies a Vehicle as having completed a thorough exhausting inspection process, which references factory standards, and at a level as established by Vintage Certification Group.
Last year we added a display only area (non judged) exclusively unrestored cars "Vintage Heritage Collection". Having a display area for unrestored cars allows owners of like cars to be displayed together and recognized collectively.
Vintage Heritage Collection at last years show:
1969 Boss 302 – Larry Shinoda prototype
1971 Olds W30 Convertible
1965 Z16 Chevelle
1967 RS/SS Camaro
1969 RS/SS L78
1973 Trans am SD 4spd
1970 LS6 Chevelle
1969 RS Z28
19701/2 Trans am
If your vehicle was built prior to 1988 and think it may qualify, or just want to know more about our program email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
(631) 514-9765 for our Rules and Guideline packet along with an application. It is truly amazing the jewels of information that can be learned from these benchmark cars. The Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals is November 17th & 18th 2012.