CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2014, 10:13:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
97228 Posts in 11693 Topics by 4578 Members
Latest Member: ronhill
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Small block dipstick details
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Small block dipstick details  (Read 3017 times)
Flowjoe

View Profile Email
« on: November 03, 2005, 09:59:41 PM »

Hello all.  Help me out here.  My friend just got the small block back from the engine builder last week.  Today we started going over everything we need to pull together before installing.  The upper dipstick tube and stick are off the car as is the lower tube.  I've never had a block (other than a Pontiac) where the lower tube had been removed.

Is the correct proceedure to insert the lower tube through the block (outside to inside, taping it down into the hole until it seats) or is there a better way?  The tube fits nicely until the flare reaches the machined surface of the block, and then it appears to be a very tight fit. 

Any insight appreciated.

Joe
DougD
Administrator

doug@depew.net doug_depew
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 10:01:06 PM »

Hello all. Help me out here. My friend just got the small block back from the engine builder last week. Today we started going over everything we need to pull together before installing. The upper dipstick tube and stick are off the car as is the lower tube. I've never had a block (other than a Pontiac) where the lower tube had been removed.

Is the correct proceedure to insert the lower tube through the block (outside to inside, taping it down into the hole until it seats) or is there a better way? The tube fits nicely until the flare reaches the machined surface of the block, and then it appears to be a very tight fit.

Any insight appreciated.

Joe

That's all it takes.
Flowjoe

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 10:04:41 PM »

Thanks Doug,
Just wanted to be certain before we "swedged" the tube into an irretrievable space.  Certainly less complicated than a Pontiac which has three pieces, curves and attaches to the windage tray.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: