Author Topic: CRG Code Names  (Read 20730 times)

IZRSSS

CRG Code Names
« on: April 09, 2012, 04:52:46 PM »
There are a lot of interesting code names used by members. I was wondering if you could tell us why you decided on the name you are using.  If there is a story behind it please let us know what it is. And please, if the names are obvious, no; ”because I have a 67, 68, 69 Z28”. Or even worse; "because that's my name".   ;)

IZRSSS – After our two Son's (only children) Isaiah & Zachary & of course, baby blue.

Thanks!

1968 Z28

• View Profile
Re: CRG Code Names
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 06:03:38 PM »
My handle is also the name of my mistress....Owned my 1968 Z28 since 1972.
Jerry G.

Z28-1968-07C-Norwood
Ermine White, Red Std. Interior
2nd. Owner, 38,000 miles

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 08:18:37 PM »
Mine is my stage name. My first name is Daniel. I was playing a gig with Greg Allman, {yes, from the Allman Brothers} and a person from the audience came up to me after and said, You look like a star up there. And the drummer said.. Hey, Danny Starr. And there ya have it. No automotive connection. I guess I could change it to "Camaro-Danny Starr"??  ;D ;D

mickeystoys69RSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 10:45:49 PM »
It helps me remember my username to login as I am on several different forums for each one of my interests, but the first part stays the same my name and all my toys. Here it just happens to be my new 69 RSSS that I just bought, and there you have it mickeystoys69rsss.

HOT3O2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 11:59:24 PM »
Well obviously mine is my cars license plate. Right after I got my car in the mid seventy I came across a tee shirt with a 69 z28 on it. It was one of those cartoon prints with the big tires and flames coming out of the headers. I loved that shirt. Well the license plate on that car was HOT302. I thought that would be cool if I could get that plate for my car. Well after about 3 or 4 trips to the DMV I got it. And I still have it today.
Rick
69 RS/Z28

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 12:45:32 AM »
OK I'll play. What's the first thing you associate with tmodel? Ford and my favorite truck was the 66 model. I hunted til I found one that wasn't beat up to restore.  That was my last rotisserie restoration that I done by myself. She was a beauty too if I might say so. My Camaro sat and sat waiting on me to get'er done but my health didn't get better after my first heart attack and kept deteriorating to the point I had to either hire it done or never see it run again. So if my car had been finished when I signed up who knows.
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP

NoYenko

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 01:08:00 AM »
Interesting Topic.
I had a 1969 Yenko I sold in 1983 for down payment on a new house. Sold it for $9000 and thought it was a home run. I remember my new born son bouncing around in his car seat, thinking this is not a family man's car. My now grown up son said Dad you should get another Yenko Camaro. Those are was out of reach but I looked at several other cars asked my son what he thought and he replied that's "No Yenko". I did find a nice unmolested SS396 in colorado that we are currently restoring.
George aka No Yenko.

TooManyReels

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 02:30:00 AM »
After 20 year plus years of racing unlimited two cycle go-karts, both dirt, asphalt, and road racing up and down the east coast, I decided to take up offshore fishing.  We bought our first boat (on my wife's birthday) and started tackling up..I found out very quickly that one needed many types of rods and reels for coastal fishing.  We sold that boat and bought a large one, which meant more tackle...By then I had amassed a large collection of fishing tackle, electronics, rods and reels..So when we had to come up with a name for the boat, my wife said, why don't you name it "Too Many Reels", so there you have it. Its been my hailing name for the past twelve years while fishing off the coast of NC.

TMR
Eddie
63 Chevy II SS 570hp 560tq.
69 Z28 X33 Cross Ram JL8

mopar346

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 02:47:31 AM »
One of my most noteable toys is an AAR, which is a Mopar with a 340 6 pack. I use this name for all forum activity so I can remember it. Moparts, Abodiesonly, charger.com, Jeep forum, S10 Forum, Chevy truck forum and I think even Team Camaro although I don't go there much. To a degree it's a bragging point.

Sorry if I broke the pointing out the obvious type of car rule, but most outside of the Mopar world don't make the connection.

IZRSSS

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 03:33:20 AM »
Mistress...the best kind!
Greg Allman...you dog!
One of my interests...begs to ask the ?
Hot 302...had that t-shirt in the 70's!
Ford...and you dogged me?
Yenko...I'm speechless!
Boat name...Smart wife!
Your right...I didn't make the con until now. Hmmmm works for me!

Good stuff guys. Look forward to reading more.

royal67rs

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 04:36:14 AM »
Mine is my 67rs royal plum. Even though right now it is sporting brown primer. I hope to get it painted in the near future. Bob

LM69Z28

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 05:50:33 AM »
Great Topic Marty, LM69Z28.....This is our license plate! My wife's name is Lisa and although we have a beautiful and useable correct CA black plate for our little girl we decided on a personalized plate. Lisa gets the props and top billing for unwavering support throughout the purchase and restoration process. I could not have achieved this crazy goal I set out to do way back on Oct 31st 2002 without her unwavering support and votes of confidence along the way and nice presents of cash to help the project along. When I told her what I had in mind she said I was crazy but thought that 69Z's were cool especially when I took her for a ride in one and did 6 grand power shifts! This girl likes going fast!...............no wise ass comments please! Her support also includes rational thoughts during many irrational moments that I have had during the years of the purchase and resto process!
My name is Michael and of course we have an original restored fully numbers matched 69 Z28..............Pretty simple but we like it.  ;)

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 07:24:08 AM »
IZRSSS... Yes it was a few years ago. I was the lead vocalist of a classic rock band. Singing 35 songs a nite every Friday and Saturday for 7 years. Greg Allman came to my gig here in northern CA. He was living in Novato, CA at the time.  Then I ended up playing with him and he invited us to his house the next day for a jam session. Pretty amazing... He said I had a great voice and sounded just like him! The biggest high-light of my NO music Career. After getting the swine flu 2 February's ago, and just about throwing a shoe, {that means almost dieing} and now in my 50's... lets just say, my voice ain't what it used to be. I could go on... But I digress, as this is a Camaro site... PM me if ya wanna know anything else about those times...Danny

buenymayor

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 11:07:37 AM »
In 1990 I bought a farm that lies around this little town named Buena Vista (4 blocks total). 150 dogs, 50 inhabitants, and only 6 people with jobs. lol! Locals never call it Buena Vista, it has always been referred to as Bueny (rhymes with puny). Then my friends started calling me the Mayor. Hence the name.

IZRSSS

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 02:38:48 PM »
Royal Plum…Okay; pics when done!
She likes it fast…You said it not us. :o
He invited us to his house…Ramblin Man.  ::)

Mayor of 150 dogs…Stand proud! 8)

anything