Author Topic: Colour codes in the wiring diagramme- 69 Camaro  (Read 4751 times)

Jesper

• View Profile
Colour codes in the wiring diagramme- 69 Camaro
« on: March 31, 2012, 04:03:49 PM »
Hi,

can anyone supply me with the colors of the wires in the diagramme (i purchased the wiring diagramme book "Jim Osborn-version")- can only see the abbreviations, and i´m appearntly not sharp enough to figure out the color of the wire, only from the abbreviation.

And what about the wiresizes? I have got numbers from 6 to 20...
From the battery i have "14R", "6B", "12B" and so on... 

These are the abbreviations, please correct me, if wrong:
B (Black), R (Red), W (White), BRN (Brown), OR (Orange), DG (DarkGreen), LG (LigthGreen), DBL (DarkBlue), LBL (LigthBlue), Y (Yellow),   

BUT what is "T", "P/B", and "W-OR/PPL TR" ?

Thx in advance,
Jesper, Denmark
Can the wirenumbers be decoded into ex. Milimeters?

68Zproject

• View Profile
Re: Colour codes in the wiring diagramme- 69 Camaro
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 04:52:19 PM »
Just a guess until I look at the book, but T=Tan, X/X is usually a two colored or striped wire.  P/B= purple and black.
68Z28

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 06:42:21 PM »

And what about the wiresizes? I have got numbers from 6 to 20...
From the battery i have "14R", "6B", "12B" and so on... 

These are the abbreviations, please correct me, if wrong:
B (Black), R (Red), W (White), BRN (Brown), OR (Orange), DG (DarkGreen), LG (LigthGreen), DBL (DarkBlue), LBL (LigthBlue), Y (Yellow),   

BUT what is "T", "P/B", and "W-OR/PPL TR" ?

Thx in advance,
Jesper, Denmark
Can the wirenumbers be decoded into ex. Milimeters?

T = tan, P/B = pink with black tracer, W-OR/PPL TR = white/orange/purple tracer (there's only one wire that color, and it's the one with woven cloth insulation from the bulkhead connector to the (+) terminal on the coil - it's a special resistance wire).

The number on each wire is the wire gauge (bigger number, smaller wire and vice versa); somewhere there's a conversion table from American wire gauge to metric wire size, but I don't have it.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 06:59:49 PM »
W-OR/PPL TR would be white and orange wire with purple trim. It would be a solid white and orange wire with a purple stripe wrapping around the wire if my memory is correct.
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP

Jesper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 07:40:32 AM »
Hi All,
Tanks a lot, i Will have to split up the harness wrapping, 'cause i do not have this resistance wire, or the other ones. The wire-ends Might have been extended with other colors...

/Jesper

69redrsss

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 02:49:27 PM »
Jesper,
You may be interested in a 42 page color version Larry DuBois is selling on eBay. He has taken the old B&W and turned it into the color version by system just like a newer GM factory manual would have.  I've seen links to it elsewhere on this site but don't know how to post.  Here's an example page.  Note that the real thing is higher quality.
Les
Les
'69 Garnet Red TH350 SS350 RS