Author Topic: 67 210hp 327 2 bbl fuel pump to carb line  (Read 3055 times)

jusjofok

• View Profile
67 210hp 327 2 bbl fuel pump to carb line
« on: March 20, 2012, 02:34:36 AM »
Hello all, new to the forum here.
I am working on restoring a 67 210hp 327 Camaro and am down to getting the engine bay lined up.  This car is equipped with a Rochester 2GV, Powerglide, no air conditioning or power anything.
At some point in it's life someone hacked up the original fuel pump to carb line and installed an additional fuel filter.  They also took a hammer  >:( to the air cleaner housing so the line would clear (they got rid of the 90 degree fitting and went straight into the fuel filter fitting on the carb).  I would like to know what fitting I need and what size line (I read somewhere that early 67 cars had a 5/16 line and late had 3/8) to bring this thing back to original.

I do not know what month this car was made but from my research it looks like Jan or Feb of 67 based on the Norwood VIN #160736.

First picture is of the engine as it is now, note fuel line but also note that the coil will be replaced, plug wires replaced, heat shields installed, plug wire clips installed, new valve cover bolts, choke stove cover installed, vac advance line replaced and the battery ground will be removed from the exhaust manifold bolt.

Also, anyone know of a good original air cleaner housing for sale?

Thank you for any information.
Justin

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
Re: 67 210hp 327 2 bbl fuel pump to carb line
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 04:11:47 AM »
Justin,

Here's the fuel line you need...  http://inlinetube.com/Preformed%20Lines/Camaro/67%20Camaro/Engine%20Lines/CCE6703.htm

I may have the air cleaner you need, give me a couple of days to check.

Paul

jusjofok

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 01:44:51 PM »
Thanks Paul,
That would be awesome if you happen to have the right air cleaner. :)
Any idea on the specs for the 90 degree fitting?
Thanks again,
Justin

jusjofok

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 09:24:13 PM »
I found the correct fitting.  90 degree from 5/16 inverted flare to 1/4 male NPT.  I ordered the 5/16 carb fitting from Ground Up and it showed up in a "Help" box grrrrrrrrrr!  That's right, those crappy parts that are in the aisles of any Pep Boys, really infuriates me, I could have went to any parts store and picked up one of these.  Their catalog states "correct inlet nuts with washers for stock carbs"  this fitting they sold me is by no means correct.  My NPT fitting barely even catches the first thread.  Anyway, could some be kind enough to go snap a picture of their original 67 2 bbl fuel line setup for me?
Thanks,
Justin