Author Topic: Orange 1969 Z28  (Read 2039 times)

wisemanz28

• View Profile
Orange 1969 Z28
« on: December 25, 2011, 05:52:04 PM »
In the past few years I have tried to locate the past owners of my Orange with Black stripes/Black interior 1969 Z28 . As I talked to prior owners I found that the car was in the Janesville, Wiscinsin area for most of the seventies . The Z28 went thru a few owners mostly because they all worked at the same GM plant. I have the search all the way down to the early seventies (1970-1971) and that person had a used car lot called "The Polish Parlor" located in Janesville, Wis. What he would do is drive to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, buy cars that were either repos or theft recovery vehicles, bring them back to Janesville and put them on his lot to sell. I found that my ignition collar on my steering wheel column was changed so I'm assuming that it was a theft recovery vehicle. The owner of the used car lot vividly remembered the Z because it had two carburators on it and it was a White Striped car, he recalled "everyone always wanted to drive it" Originally my Z28 came from Milwaukee Wisconsin, was a Orange, White striped ,Black interior, 1969 Z28 Camaro. I don't know if it was a crossram setup was original but that would sure make the car unique. I'm still looking for the original owner so if the fellow CRG members can remember anything about this car please let me know, thanks.

anything