Author Topic: windshield molding  (Read 3190 times)

crownroyal58

• View Profile
windshield molding
« on: December 19, 2011, 01:15:04 PM »
hello everyone,
does anybody have any advice as to who makes a windshield molding kit that actually fits? i know that having the originals would be best but can't afford that luxury. i had purchased a set from Heartbeat City and as advertised original thickness, excellent fit, technically correct, the fit is horrible. i thought if the part was a licensed gm restoration part it would have to meet certain requirements, guess i was wrong. the top and sides will not lay flat on the glass withuout glueing them down (i would be scared the wind would blow them off) the bottom molding where it joins the a pillar and side molding is so far off the glass i can get my pinky finger behind it.
is this a common problem with these moldings or is it just me? 

thanks,
mike

Sauron327

• View Profile
Re: windshield molding
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 01:51:28 PM »
Buy GM. Plenty of used and new moldings out there. Straighten and polish them yourself to save money.

Charley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 02:12:05 PM »

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 05:08:41 PM »
My original rear window molding doesn't lay flat against the glass, but that's because of a clip that is bad.  Are you sure you have the clips in right?  It's tough to get them right sometimes.
68Z28

crownroyal58

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 11:59:54 PM »
just wanted to thank you Charley for turning me on to Bob & Pat, they are great people to deal with! The original molding lays flat to the glass, problem solved.

Mike 

anything