CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 31, 2014, 10:37:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
102512 Posts in 12092 Topics by 4669 Members
Latest Member: paulmanta
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  looking for a little information
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: looking for a little information  (Read 627 times)
Steve Barndt

View Profile Email
« on: December 11, 2011, 12:07:18 PM »

I am at the point of trying to get my head back in to this Camaro that has been sitting in my garage since 1984. It is VIN 124377N126027. I may have listed it here at some point in the past. I have a tendency to look past the Camaro and fool around with Harleys. It is part of my youth and my sons have been suggesting that I put it back together before I die on them. If the VIN is listed here so be it, if not and you want the rest of the data off it I will oblige. When together it is a Deepwater Blue 1967 SS/RS. I have had it since January of 1969 but after 74 it has spent its life in a barn before I brought it home. Though low in milage its not a peach. I have most of the necessary items to keep it numbers correct should I choose to do so. I am glad to see a site like this still existing after over a decade and will most likely lurk my way through it grabbing information where I need it.

thanks

Steve Barndt
lakeholme

*68-12D L30/M35*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 02:11:33 PM »

Post some pictures, both now and back in the day, if you have them.
Sounds like a great project!

Phillip
HNR-AACA, Senior Master
Planning 2016 Sentimental Tour, AACA
AACA Southeastern Division Spring Meet Chair
"Charlotte AutoFair -- presented by the Hornets Nest Region, AACA -- is the largest and greatest Collector Vehicle Event in the Southeast." --September 18-21, 2014
KurtS
CRG Coordinator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 04:45:17 PM »

I remember emailing you about your car. You provided data on it 12 1/2 years ago!
Sometimes it's just an inertia thing. Get started and things start to happen! Smiley

Kurt S
CRG
Steve Barndt

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 10:19:16 PM »

wow, that long. I remember I took some pictures of where the subframe mounts were screwed up in the manufacturing process for someone but I dont know where they went either. The car has sat for so long partially because I couldnt decide what to do with it. I had it stock and frankly it was a pain in the butt on anything but a staight line. I modified it a lot in the time I used it. All these years later I found myself torn between the numbers and a car that handled decently...so it sat and I played with Harleys. It has kind of become a local "legend car" and every other year or so someone stops in and offers to take it off my hands and tells me why it cant be a true SS and must be a clone. Anyway I am in the homework phase of this now and will most likely begin to step into the money pit after the new year. I do have some "in the day" pictures of it parked and on Maple Grove's dragstrip. If/when I figure out how to translate those things to digital I will post them. I'm way to ashamed to send current pictures of it.

spb
restore-z28

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 09:00:12 AM »

Steve, well at least you are starting in the direction of progress...that's usually the biggest step. Best of luck in your restoration.

Sonny

1969 Z28 Camaro
1970 Z28 Camaro

www.bccamaroclub.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: