Author Topic: 6 cylinder to 8 cylinder conversion. Looking for advice & suggestions  (Read 3216 times)

69Z28freak

• View Profile
I am planning on converting my 1969 - 6 Cylinder 3 speed auto on the tree, with power brakes and power steering to a Z28 Clone/Tribute. I am installing a Muncie 4 speed and console as well as a in dash tach. Just curious what I need to change wiring wise to complete the conversion. Do in need a need motor harness and under dash harness or can I just add wiring or plug in sub harnesses to the existing harnesses?

The Motor will be a 350 LT1 with a M20 trans. Also as part of the conversion I will be upgrading to front disk brakes, front & rear suspension including front coils, rear leafs, diff, steering box, gas tank.

I am wondering is if anyone has already done the conversion and has a list of all the parts required and or can give me a heads up for what to look out for, pitfalls/potential challenges.

Thanks
Mike 1969 Grandma Camaro

68Zproject

• View Profile
Re: 6 cylinder to 8 cylinder conversion. Looking for advice & suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 04:12:09 PM »
Have you tried Team Camaro?  They do more of the conversions and modifications there than most of the members here.  Also, you might want to put this under anther topic like modifications.  This isn't a rebuke, just trying to help.
68Z28

69Z28freak

• View Profile
Re: 6 cylinder to 8 cylinder conversion. Looking for advice & suggestions
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 08:19:23 PM »
Have you tried Team Camaro?  They do more of the conversions and modifications there than most of the members here.  Also, you might want to put this under anther topic like modifications.  This isn't a rebuke, just trying to help.

Yes I have a thread going over there as well. I just thought I would check here as well as I have found this site to be very helpfull with some very noligable folks.
Mike 1969 Grandma Camaro

anything