Author Topic: Can anyone tell me if this fender is real or reproduction ?  (Read 10786 times)

68Zproject

• View Profile
68Z28

ScottJon

• View Profile
Re: Can anyone tell me if this fender is real or reproduction ?
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 04:03:43 AM »
I think i am going to convert the car to a RS grille

the tabs for the RS opting are there, and the inner fenders are the RS ones as well, so i am thinking that the car may have started life as a RS Z28 and may have been converted at some point if the owner got tired of the doors not work or maybe it got hit in the nose and this was cheaper, who knows, but i think at this point it will be less expensive to convert to RS grille
Happy 1969 Z28 owner guardian

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 06:38:18 AM »
SJ,

Are any of the other RS option clues there?  i.e.) stamped holes in the rear panel under the bumper for the backup lights...  http://www.camaros.org/options.shtml#rs

Maybe the car was wrecked at one time and a used RS front clip was used for the repair.   ???

Paul

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 08:12:03 PM »
Dumb question maybe. I know there are additional mounting points for the RS grill, but I always assumed the overall grill dimensions were the same. If my assumption is right, how would switching from a standard grill to an RS grill resolve a fit problem between the grill and fenders?
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o