Author Topic: Needing a stainless steel trim restoration and chrome shop in central Florida  (Read 2488 times)

DAVEN1256

• View Profile
I am needing my '68 Camaro stainless steel reveal moldings (top of door and quarter panel), drip moldings, and window trim moldings polished and some dents removed.

I am also needing my bumpers rechromed. The rear bumper also needs to be straightened.

Can anyone recomend a good shop or shops in the central Florida area that does quality work on these items? I live outside of Orlando. I don't mind driving outside of the area ( maybe two hundred miles or so ) to get good work done.

I wouldn't be opposed to sending them out someplace past reasonable driving distance but would like to stay more local and deal with someone in person if possible.

Thanks,
Dave

68camaroz28

• View Profile
Dave, since there was no one in our area that completes stainless restoration that I knew of I asked friends and a friend who owns a restoration shop put me on to Dell Polishing in Ohio. I ended up sending my work to them and could not be happier. I would not be concerned about sending those out as they can be shipped quite easily and lower cost (light wt) compared to parts like a bumper.
Dell Polishing owner, Bruce Dell, is one great guy. Mine was pretty nice stuff overal with just a few dings mostly and a couple twists from being taken off by the previous owner but Bruce has completed what many of us consider miracles on some bent up pieces for past cars restored.
Chick
68 Z/28 NOR 01B Orig motor/trans/rear
69 Z/28 NOR 07A Orig Block & GM Cross-ram/carbs
69 L34 Rest. Nova Father/Son Car
69 L78 Surv Nova Purch 4/69 31K miles
67 L89 Corv Tribute
68 Corv 427/400 Orig motor
07 Corv Z06
R 68Z build- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584

anything