Author Topic: Quesiton to site moderator or managers  (Read 9686 times)

genminmar

• View Profile
Quesiton to site moderator or managers
« on: July 09, 2011, 09:14:03 PM »
Is there a time frame before a reply is put up after I post it because of it being reviewed for content or other. Twice now I have replied to a topic and after previewing it and posting it never appeared, I had added some pictures and then come to find out at this area of the forum that you guys wanted pictures cropped or downsized a bit. I do not think that was so much of a problem but it has been well over 15 minutes and it has not been posted. Anyhow I was just wondering as to maybe a reason for a delay. If no answer, I will write back to the topic and try to post again and see if it is a problem on my end.... Thanks Gino,

69pace

• View Profile
    • TeamCamaro - Moderator
Re: Quesiton to site moderator or managers
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 09:26:01 PM »
I have found with Fire Fox 4x and Internet Explorer 8x that If you try to post or reply and attach photos and the pictures are too large you get an error, but from this point forward the browser session is dead. You have to close the browser tab and reload the forum, then select the thread and try your post or reply again.
1969 Z-11 350/300 with 4 Speed
TeamCamaro - Moderator

genminmar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 09:35:31 PM »
Thanks, 69pace....I tried it over here to respond to you and I added one picture, it did not accept and as you stated an error occured, more than likely the picture size and upload. I will try to reply to the topic and send anyone wanting to view over to PhotoBucket. This has worked for me at other forums, I just have to get the album ready. Thanks again, Gino

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 01:30:35 AM »
Gino,
Your post should appear immediately if the post went thru correctly.
I've never had to close down my browser as 69pace mentions, yet. YMMV. :)
Kurt S
CRG

69pace

• View Profile
    • TeamCamaro - Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 04:55:55 AM »
Hey Kurt - it only happens when you post a picture larger then the limit, like dumping straight from an iphone.
Sometimes you get the error message but sometimes you do not - the session is just toast.
My68ss reported it a while back http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=7422.0
maybe a java issue?

Brian

TeamCamaro - Moderator

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 05:18:35 AM »
Thanks for jogging my memory.
They are coming out with a new version of the forum and I'll convert to it in the near future and that should address some of these glitches....
Kurt S
CRG

69pace

• View Profile
    • TeamCamaro - Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 11:21:24 AM »
:)
Thanks
TeamCamaro - Moderator