Author Topic: 68 COUPE FENDER ON BACKORDER  (Read 4153 times)

paulsstuff

• View Profile
68 COUPE FENDER ON BACKORDER
« on: June 27, 2011, 10:50:23 PM »
My car is ready for paint with one major problem. I have a 68 base coupe and the LH fender has been on backorder for two months, and now I'm told it will be at least mid-august before they get any in. They do have RS fenders in stock. I know the RS fenders have an extra brace inside for the hideaway headlights, and use different headlight pots as well.

And I know this is probably a stupid question but will the RS fender work on my base coupe?

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
Re: 68 COUPE FENDER ON BACKORDER
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 11:49:55 PM »
Paul,

The 67-68 RS fenders have an extra mounting bracket welded to the fender for the RS headlight assemblies.  The fenders are the same otherwise.  In you can't wait for the standard fender, just remove this mounting bracket from the RS fender and you're good to go.

Paul

rat pack

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 12:32:23 AM »
Unlike the 69's these fenders are not as easily modified to fit both RS & non-RS cars. To make the RS fender work you will need a set of headlight mounting brackets from a non-RS fender and weld them into place after removing the RS h/l mounting bracket. The 67-8 RS fenders do not have both brackets in place............RatPack................
Just keep livin......L I V I N .............

sd1968z28

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 01:51:39 AM »
where are you located i believe i have a nice rh fender maybe even an nos one if you need it bad?

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 02:09:55 AM »
I have a 68 base coupe and the LH fender has been on backorder for two months, and now I'm told it will be at least mid-august before they get any in.

where are you located i believe i have a nice rh fender maybe even an nos one if you need it bad?

:)

Paul

joesauer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 05:36:37 PM »
Have you considered another supplier?  Lots of vendors have fenders in stock, or if you like Goodmark, order one from them direct.

paulsstuff

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 02:35:59 AM »
 Thanks for the responses everyone. I managed to get one from NPD, although the shipping to Canada was almost as much as the fender.