Author Topic: T-Stat Housing  (Read 2724 times)

IZRSSS

T-Stat Housing
« on: June 14, 2011, 01:43:48 PM »
I need to remove the T-Stat housing on my 69. I read somewhere that Felpro 35562T gasket (Plastic blue w/rubber O-ring on each side) is good, but I also read that a small bead of Permatex Ultra Black around T-stat & bolt holes is just as good if not better.

In addition, are tower clamps reusable? Would appreciate any help.

Kelley W King

• View Profile
Re: T-Stat Housing
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 03:16:02 PM »
I have reused tower clamps by loosening the screw and tapping the tower down but if they are cheap repops it will just collapse. On orange intakes I use orange silicone and on aluminum intakes I use the silver. That kind of hides the sealer.
69 Z28 RS Scuncio Hi Performance
69 SS L78
67 SS Chevelle
64 Corvette
66 GTO Tiger Gold
77 Trans Am Special Edition

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 03:31:50 PM »
The blue Fel-Pro molded plastic gasket is kinda ugly; a better solution is the GM #10105135 gasket, with the same moilded silicone rings on both sides - it seals without having to use any goo or RTV, and as-installed looks exactly like the original paper gasket.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

IZRSSS

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 04:28:43 PM »
Thanks John & Kelly...huge help!

IZRSSS

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 11:51:07 AM »
The blue Fel-Pro molded plastic gasket is kinda ugly; a better solution is the GM #10105135 gasket, with the same moilded silicone rings on both sides - it seals without having to use any goo or RTV, and as-installed looks exactly like the original paper gasket.

Important side note; John mentioned using 220-grit sand paper laid out on a perfectly flat surface like glass, and sanding the base of the T-Stat housing until the entire surface was smooth. This combined with the GM #10105135 gasket gave me the results I was hoping for. All you see is the gasket & no hint of silicone oozing out anywhere.

Thanks again John