Author Topic: Chevy guys are better than this  (Read 2058 times)

GI JOE

• View Profile
Chevy guys are better than this
« on: June 08, 2011, 02:54:07 AM »
I recently went to a muscle car show with drag racing.. With all the war crap going on since 9/11 and being gone more often than not it was good to get back to something I so love... I was walking around taking photos and talking to many folks all who were happy to tell you about their car, etc... as I walked isle after isle and meeting good guy after next, and really concentrating on the Camaro's I happened upon this restored numbers matching trailer queen Yenko, took some pictures and tried to start a conversation with the owner but no matter what I said the guys attitude was "I'm a Yenko owner holy-er than thou!"  well of course I walked away from the Yenko ear-ring wearing freak...  Then i came across a LA L89 Camaro...and later found him talking with an original L78 Camaro owner giving the guy the business of what was real and isn't deal... Ya know I would think the guy buying the car brand new, as any 1st owner would know what the heck came on his car...especially since he was a gear-head from the day to boot!!! ... now I don;t know everything about what Chevy did or didn't do and I would never want to be taken as such but I know enough to know an original survivor pretty much untouched car when I see one... so I actually had to speak up and point out stuff to shut this know it all guy off.... shheezzz

You know I sure hope that this hobby has not evolved into what car you have... matter of fact I see it as we are just care takers of a great Chevy man made machines. Those of us who were gear-heads back in the day running these super cars around and tearing up the tracks and making a name for themselves in the racing grapevine or the guys who have been restoring a car themselves to great show quality are guys who usually are down to earth and great folks.. Good Guys...  and these guys have something to be proud of...  just because you bought a car (and sadly can't even drive it like the Yenko legend it is)... does not make you better than the next guy...

One thing I can say I have met a lot of the who's who in the Chevy world and I can't think of anyone who was not a good down to earth car guy... and they all had time to chat about cars too...  I guess this was bound to happen with the values of these muscle machines... I guess what I really want to point out is to have fun, drive the car as it was meant to be and most of all lets all keep the brother hood of car guys discovering more about our cars...  Life's too short     ....cut in Beach Boys music "This car of mine..."

SFC GI JOE - Airborne Paratrooper
68- L-78, M22, BV
69- L-78, M22, BV, Conv

anything