Author Topic: caliper and booster resto where should I send ??  (Read 5137 times)

shupee

• View Profile
caliper and booster resto where should I send ??
« on: May 24, 2011, 08:44:12 PM »
   I need to send my original calipers (4 piston) and my booster for replating/restoration. I would love to send them to Jerry but can't get in touch with them  and I'm not sure if they even do calipers. I called Whitepost and they are very pricey.  Suggestions please

Stingr69

• View Profile
Re: caliper and booster resto where should I send ??
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 09:44:58 PM »
Boosters go to "brakeboosters.com".

I had my original master cylinder sleeved by "Apple Hydraulics". I don't know if they can help you but they did a nice job at a fair price.

-Mark.

Petes L48

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 10:20:54 PM »
The calipers are fairly easy to rebuild if the bores are good.  Whichever vendor you choose, be sure to communicate all expectations in advance and keep a record of your agreement - i.e. no swap outs, grind-out of casting #s or stampings, no restamping, whether you want calipers stainless sleeved, etc.  If the booster is pitted you could lose some stamping detail during the process.  I'd talk to Jerry first, just be patient in reaching him.

x77-69z28

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 10:22:01 PM »
i had my calipers done by lonestar calipers in texas. they did a great job and will return your calipers if they are original. i believe their website is www.lonestarcaliper.com
69 Z/28 X77 burnished brown, 711 int 05A bought in 78
70 Z28 forrest green, green int, M40, bk vinyl roof PROJECT
99 SS hugger orange 6spd NO TTOPS bought new 1 of 54
15 z/28 Arctic white, A/C 505 HP #251

69z28302

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 01:57:31 AM »
I have a friend that only restores Mid-year Corvettes. He sends his to Lonestar also. John would more know who does it.

Mike

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 05:01:41 PM »
There are several shops that sleeve hundreds of 4-piston Delco calipers every day for the '65-'82 Corvette guys, and can do the same for '67-'68 Camaro calipers. Lone Star, Corvette Stainless Steel Brakes (www.cssbinc.com), Vette Brakes & Products, Van Steel, etc.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

Kelley W King

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 07:20:03 PM »
White Post did my corvette master cylinder 20 years ago. A year or so ago it started leaking. I called and a nice guy said do you have your receipt and I said yes and he said no problem. They even paid the freight. Lifetime warranty means life to them.
69 Z28 RS Scuncio Hi Performance
69 SS L78
67 SS Chevelle
64 Corvette
66 GTO Tiger Gold
77 Trans Am Special Edition

shupee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 08:37:17 PM »
  Jerry called today and I'm going to send them to him since he's always chiming in and helping on this forum.   He can do my calipers as well. Thanks for all the suggestions