Author Topic: 67 vert top adjustment  (Read 3051 times)

jimbo67rag

• View Profile
67 vert top adjustment
« on: May 23, 2011, 12:32:19 AM »
 ??? ??? ???I just noticed the other day that the rag top on my 67 when fully up and secure is sitting about 3/8 of an inch short on the top of the windsheild chrome above the window.  This is causing a gap between the top of the vent window and the under side of the top. I had the top and frame removed when the car was painted and it is obvious to me now that the top is not forward enough when fully up and secure; Please does anyone know how i adjust the top frame so that i can move it forward about 3/8 of an inch.  Any help would be greatly appreciated,  Thanks  Jimbo :) :) :)

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
Re: 67 vert top adjustment
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 12:46:24 AM »
Jimbo,

The adjustment procedure is outlined in the 1967 Body by Fisher Service Manual.  Based on your description and without looking at it, you need to adjust the front roof rail forward and/or the male hinge assembly forward.  These adjustments are explained in the Fisher Manual.  Good luck.

Paul

jimbo67rag

• View Profile
Re: 67 vert top adjustment
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 12:55:47 AM »
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Paul thanks so much for responding.  I will look into it.  Thanks again.  I will let you know how it goes.  Jimbo