Author Topic: First Super Chevy Show  (Read 11790 times)

TooManyReels

• View Profile
First Super Chevy Show
« on: May 13, 2011, 01:56:30 AM »
I will be attending my first SCS next w/e in the 67-69 Street Class...Can anyone tell me what I should prepare for, for my first "big" show...I know the normal drill of cleaning everything and making it shine, but where do you draw the line.  What is really clean or clean enough...

TMR
Eddie
Eddie
63 Chevy II SS 570hp 560tq.
69 Z28 X33 Cross Ram JL8

IZRSSS

Re: First Super Chevy Show
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 02:12:00 AM »
I am pretty sure you will get plenty of good sound advise here, but just in case...send this person an email (Reggie) rftibbe@flash.net. He has judged these events for a long, long time. More importantly, he is a great all around guy and is always willing to help.

Good luck,
Marty

...And this is what they have on their website...

STREET CLASS
The Street Class includes all vehicles with bolt-on aftermarket or dealer installed parts and/or accessories. The body may have bolt-on spoilers. Ground effects, fiberglass parts, etc. Any molding of these items moves entry to Modified Class. Paint may be of any color from any OEM manufacturer. Aftermarket candy, pearl, metal flake paint entries will be moved to Modified. Painted pinstripes, and taped pinstripes or decals and vinyl graphics are allowed. Judging Supervisor will classify custom work. Other items that move an entry to Street Class include bolt-on headers. Ignition wires, air cleaners, valve covers, continental kits, painted engine compartment, etc. Any molding of any type (including firewall, inner fenders, panels, etc) will move entry to Modified Class. Minor interior changes are allowed (seat inserts, minor truck or truck bed modifications, and bolt-in seats with stock-type interior). No custom interiors allowed. There will be no limit on the amount of bright items on the engine or in the engine compartment. See notes concerning dealer and factory-sold conversions in the Stock Class

« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 02:29:38 AM by IZRSSS »

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 07:48:41 PM »
If it's next weekend it's pretty late to be too concerned what they will look for. Go and have a good time and use it to learn what to do the next time. That way you may not be disappointed. Have fun and meet some new people.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

TooManyReels

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 10:49:39 PM »

Thanks for the contact...I'll reach out to him...

I feel, I'm ready to show the car since its a complete frame off restro....Just want to present the car the best that I can...

TMR
Eddie
Eddie
69 Z28 X33 Cross Ram JL8

IZRSSS

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 12:24:33 AM »
Can you post a few pics?

Ron C.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 01:15:22 AM »
clean,clean and clean some more LOL. Also be sure when the judges get to your car no clutter is in the cars trunk or under the car ianywhere. Make sure they get acess to the whole car,under hood inside and trunk. Windows up and doors not closed but just opened a little.Do not talk to them and make sure your judgeing sheet is filled out and on the cars dash or windsheild when they get to you!! Good luck and have fun also is a rule!!
67Z/28,67RSZ/28,71SS454CHEVELLE.

TooManyReels

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 01:24:06 AM »
Here are a few pictures:

Thanks for the info this is what I was looking for..I plan on having some fun and looking forward to meeting new faces.

TMR
Eddie
Eddie
69 Z28 X33 Cross Ram JL8

IZRSSS

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 01:51:29 AM »
Very nice Eddie...from what I can see, well done!

Good advise has already been given. Don't take it too seriously...enjoy yourself. More importantly, use this show to gain experience. Keep all your paper work in order and be near your car in case the judges have any questions. DO NOT invade the judges space! I have judged cars before only to have the ownner shadow me...there is nothing that irritates a judge more!

I am certain your car is ready to make you proud no matter what the show.  If you are like most of us you are probaby your own worst credict so use it to your advantage. Judge your own car before the show and make adjustments accordingly.

Good luck

TooManyReels

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 02:21:48 AM »
Marty,
Reggie, responded to me tonight..Thanks for the contact..As everyone has stated he confirmed clean, clean, clean, and when you think its clean enough, clean it again.

We'll see this coming w/e..If interest, I'll let you know how we do once we get back from the SC event...
Regards,
Eddie
Eddie
69 Z28 X33 Cross Ram JL8

IZRSSS

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 12:00:33 PM »
Yes, I would like to know how you do at the show. Lots of pics...and if you have a chance, please post as many First Gen pics as posible.

TooManyReels

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 10:02:54 PM »
I will do...

Eddie
Eddie
69 Z28 X33 Cross Ram JL8

TooManyReels

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 03:03:34 AM »
First off, thanks to everyone for their in put and advice in getting my car ready for its first SCS event...I just got back in from the  event at the Virgina Motorsports Park , just out side Petersburg Va.  I will post some pictures tomorrow night. There must have been 25 to 35 or more first generation, each day during the event....

The 1969 Z28 RS showed very well...On Saturday afternoon, I was asked to move my car to the Gold Class. Wow, man was I excited !!! I about whizzed in my shorts !!!! For those that don't know the SCS format this guarantees your car to be one of the top four cars and a chance to win the Best of Show !!!! )...The four Gold Classes are: Best Detailed, Best Paint, Best Interior, and Best Engine, and then the top award - the Best of Show... The top four cars were 1970 Chevelle SS, 1967 Corvette 427/437HP, 1969 Z28 Camaro and a customized 1969 Camaro silver with red interior. This car won the Best of Show....

On Saturday, only ten awards were given out. The 1969 Z28 RS won, one of the Editors Choice Top 10 Show Car awards out of at least 350 to 400 cars.

Today, the Camaro was presented with a Gold Award, and then the Camaro was presented with Gold Class Winner - Engine award.

Again thanks
Eddie

Eddie
69 Z28 X33 Cross Ram JL8

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2011, 09:41:06 AM »
Way to go, Ed.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

IZRSSS

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2011, 12:34:13 PM »
Impressive...well done Eddy.

TooManyReels

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 12:59:56 AM »
Thanks, I could have not done this without all the encouragement from this site member and the recommendation to clean, clean, and then clean some more...It really paid off...

I would also like to thank a couple of strangers, a father and son team who actually went to the judges and said, "Hey you really have to look at this car. I have been and seen a lot of cars and this one needs to be in the Gold Class" , so I guess they listened...

So my lesson learned from this past w/e is that if the car presents its self well enough, then it will get the recognition it deserves. All I did was to drive Miss Daisy to the show the car show...

Eddie
Eddie
69 Z28 X33 Cross Ram JL8

anything