Author Topic: Charlotte Autofair  (Read 13434 times)

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
Charlotte Autofair
« on: April 06, 2011, 11:01:07 PM »
The Charlotte Autofair is this weekend. If you are coming to the AACA judging school on Friday, I'll be helping with registration, so let me know you are there. On Saturday at the national meet, I'll be judging that morning.  (Don't worry I never judge Camaros at national meets!) But in the afternoon, I'll be the old guy sitting with the yellow 68 at the bottom of the hill with the HNR badge that says Phillip on it.  ;D
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

IZRSSS

Re: Charlotte Autofair
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 11:06:11 PM »
Take lots of pics my friend...of Camaro's of course, & don't forget about your little cream puff. Have a great time & a great event!!!

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 02:05:41 AM »
Stay a few more days and take in the NHRA Z-Max Four Wide Nationals.  We are heading there to race next Wednesday.  It's a four day national event starting on Thursday. 

And the real bonus is Ben and Dave Wenzel will be racing there 1967 Z28 too which Ben bought new, won the Indy US nationals in 1967 and they are still racing the car today.  Talk about racing legends.........what a bonus to have them still involved in motorsports

Hope to see some of you there.

Jerry

#1710, D/Stock

rally

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 02:44:21 AM »
Good luck Jerry. Hope you have another fine season. I had the pleasure meeting the Wenzel brothers here in Mich at US 131 Motorsports Park in Martin Mich. One of thee best dragstrips in the US right now, beautiful facility. A super nice 67 Z-28, unreal. Hope to see Jerry at US131 someday.

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 02:48:23 AM »
Maybe I'll get there one day,

Especially now since they're giving diesel fuel away...........LOL.  $4.32+ a gallon here in Long Island, NY.  I'll stock up.

Jerry

68camaroz28

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 11:14:22 AM »
The Charlotte Autofair is this weekend. If you are coming to the AACA judging school on Friday, I'll be helping with registration, so let me know you are there. On Saturday at the national meet, I'll be judging that morning.  (Don't worry I never judge Camaros at national meets!) But in the afternoon, I'll be the old guy sitting with the yellow 68 at the bottom of the hill with the HNR badge that says Phillip on it.  ;D
Never been there Phillip but need to make plans to attend next year. Would love to see a follow up after the show of some pics, # of cars, etc.
And good luck Jerry! Was at Jerry's on Sunday as he was helping me again and I had the pleasure of hearing that 67 Z D-stocker come to life. Wow, it sounds wicked.
Chick
68 Z/28 NOR 01B Orig motor/trans/rear
69 Z/28 NOR 07A Orig Block & GM Cross-ram/carbs
69 L34 Rest. Nova Father/Son Car
69 L78 Surv Nova Purch 4/69 31K miles
67 L89 Corv Tribute
68 Corv 427/400 Orig motor
07 Corv Z06
R 68Z build- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 03:51:05 PM »
Jerry, diesel is still $3.99 at the station right down from Z-Max. Plan to fill up before you go home.

Marty, yes, and if they will let me make pictures Friday night, I'll send pics of Mr Henrick's Camaros.

I will make pictures,  and generally there are some on the AACA site about a week afterwards.

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 07:53:21 PM »

Marty, yes, and if they will let me make pictures Friday night, I'll send pics of Mr Henrick's Camaros.

Wow, I'm jealous. That's an expensive tour but should be a good time, we need lots of pics.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 08:33:16 PM »

Wow, I'm jealous. That's an expensive tour but should be a good time, we need lots of pics.

True, but it's all tax deductible, except for the chicken and green beans! The proceeds go to the museum.

IZRSSS

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 12:44:22 AM »
Thanks Phillip...but what's with this Mr. Hendrick's stuff...thought you guys were on a first name bases...?  ;D

Ditto on the good luck Jerry! Make us proud and lots of pics!

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 01:48:26 PM »
Oh well, no pics in the heritage building. He had 10 first gens and around 15 later years. The two first vins on the new camaro and the first two converts were there.
I did learn that I know one of his mechanics. They told me that when he brings in a car from BJ, they go over it and fix the things that are wrong. Also, most of the cars were bought through private owners.

Maroman, I think there were about 130 there. Too bad it didn't sell out.  >:(

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 04:09:57 PM »
Thanks for the update, I wish I could have been there. How was the rubber chicken?

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 09:12:13 PM »
Thanks for the update, I wish I could have been there. How was the rubber chicken?

Actually, it was pretty good! And because we are in NC, a pig had to be sacrificed (BBQ)!

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 02:18:47 PM »
I understand there was a bad hail storm down there last night , hope all is well.

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 03:12:57 PM »
Just topped off the tank in my truck before we head out on Wed morning.  Diesel went from 3.99 a gallon to 4.10 over night.  No one in the media is talking about these rising fuel prices........I don't get it. 

Have gone through the valves and carb on the new engine we installed last weekend.  Cleaned out the trailer, etc.  All looks good including the weather for next week at Zmax.  450 miles for us and about a seven hour ride.

If you have not been this is one of the nicest race tracks in the country.

Jerry

anything